Well yes, obviously guitar art is music, but are there any budding Photoshop enthusiasts out there? I made this the other night, because I wanted an excuse to take a picture of my beautiful new PRS SC Standard Satin.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/grantjames/pictures/personal/263710/

To get the birds I had to take a picture of each one on my guitar and then cut them out...which didn't work too well but it'll do for now.
Eww, badly used filters.

VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
gotta say, not a big fan of the singlecut. prs is better than les paul, they shouldnt try to replicate them. but whatever, its better than my guitar.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Eww, badly used filters.

i agree with rabid...

a bit over the top...
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

maybe a bit handy for the next time so you won't have to **** with the birds and photoshop and stuff?

What Rabid said.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
what font is that?
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
Yeah thanks JvL, I found that image but it ended up being too small to use.

What's wrong with the filter? I was going for a wooden streaky brown effect to match the guitar. I wanted it to look arty with the posterised edges n stuff.

The birds are a bit rushed though.

The font is Edwardian Script ITC
Last edited by grantjames at Apr 2, 2008,
I don't know if I'd call it art really, but here's a signature I made for some forum a while back.

Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

wow, those basses are really nice!
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

How about actually doing something rather than asking everyone here questions?
Quote by grantjames
Yeah thanks JvL, I found that image but it ended up being too small to use.

What's wrong with the filter? I was going for a wooden streaky brown effect to match the guitar. I wanted it to look arty with the posterised edges n stuff.

The birds are a bit rushed though.

The font is Edwardian Script ITC

Well, there's a couple things "wrong" with it. The first is that using that filter is a very, VERY overdone technique. The second is that it's so bloody easy to just throw a filter like that on it and so a lot of photoshop noobs use them and think "OH GOD THAT'S AWESOME" when in actuality it's very boring.

Example of good photoshop work:

Example of bad photoshop work:
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by EmancipatedSoul
look at the bass guitars here:

Ritter Royal Basses

Some of them look like they have been photoshopped but they are all real It worries me.

Fugly! Although those few that are completely carved out of one piece of wood... thats kind of neat. I bet thats hard as hell to do.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I see your point musicianamedave but I don't think mine was quite as "myspace" as that 2nd picture hehe.

I think if using a filter does the job and suits what the person is trying to achieve then there's no need for doing anything else just because it's harder. A bit like with guitar playing really! There's no need to make something really complex when having something simple works well.
Quote by grantjames
I see your point musicianamedave but I don't think mine was quite as "myspace" as that 2nd picture hehe.

I think if using a filter does the job and suits what the person is trying to achieve then there's no need for doing anything else just because it's harder. A bit like with guitar playing really! There's no need to make something really complex when having something simple works well.

That's the thing...it doesn't work. Since you're relatively new to photoshop yes you may think it looks awesome. But the truth of the matter is that photoshopping of that sort just makes your pictures look cheesy and amateur.

It's good that you're trying though. Most people who work with photoshop do the exact same thing when they're still new at it. You'll come out of that phase soon enough.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by nebiru
Fugly! Although those few that are completely carved out of one piece of wood... thats kind of neat. I bet thats hard as hell to do.

Personally, for some of them, I'd hit it

But gees, some of them have like mammoth Ivory and crystals and etc. in them That's messed up