WOAH WHAT A RUSH.!!!!! ive actually managed to get the intro right one time, but i had to goo slow on the last bar.......and now i cant do it anymore!!!!!!!! got any tips on picking fast?????

and if you want to learn it to here is the tab, well its the intro, but trust me the first time you do it, its like WOAH!!!!

Intro: (guitar 1)
E------------------------------------|--------------------------------|
B--0h4p0h7p0h4p0h7p0h4p0h7p0h4p0h7p0h|4p0h7p0h4p0h7p0h4p0h7p0h4p0h7p0h|
G------------------------------------|--------------------------------|
D------------------------------------|--------------------------------|
A------------------------------------|--------------------------------|
E------------------------------------|--------------------------------|

E----------------------------------|--------------------------------|
B--5p0h8p0h5p0h8p0h5p0h8p0h5p0h8p0h|5p0h8p0h5p0h8p0h5p0h8p0h5p0h8p0h|
G----------------------------------|--------------------------------|
D----------------------------------|--------------------------------|
A----------------------------------|--------------------------------|
E----------------------------------|--------------------------------|

E-------------------------------------|--------------------------------|
B--12p0h10p0h9p0h10p0h9p0h7p0h9p0h5p0h|7p0h4p0h5p0h4p0h5p0h4p0h5p0h4p0h|
G-------------------------------------|--------------------------------|
D-------------------------------------|--------------------------------|
A-------------------------------------|--------------------------------|
E-------------------------------------|--------------------------------|

and also what does the p and the h stand for????
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
P stands for pull off, which means your finger aggressively lets go of the string, letting the lower note sound.

H stands for hammer on, the opposite of pulloff. You aggressively fret the note, making the note sound without picking.

If you get this completely right, you shouldn't pick the string one time.

And congrats, this is the first song i ever learned, i know what a thrill that is
It actually bothers me when people learn this song without learning it WITHOUT hammers and pulls. That's not how it was recorded. Learn it the right way, then mess around with it.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by travislausch
It actually bothers me when people learn this song without learning it WITHOUT hammers and pulls. That's not how it was recorded. Learn it the right way, then mess around with it.

dude, yeah it's not the right way, but he's a beginner. I'm sick of people like you, he came here asking for help so he could do it right didn't he? just leave it alone.
use both hands....use your right pointer fing for every third note....look it up on youtube..eddie van halen also used this alot during fast solos
cheers everyone, im practising my hammer ons and pull offs so i can get it perfect and then in time ill try the whole song....!!!
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
Quote by metal_freak_cam
use both hands....use your right pointer fing for every third note....look it up on youtube..eddie van halen also used this alot during fast solos

iirc angus young only tapped for the music video. Live he uses a pick as well.
Quote by Spamwise
iirc angus young only tapped for the music video. Live he uses a pick as well.

No he doesn't cause he puts his right hand in the air on a live vid i saw of it. It's played all with just hammer ons and pull offs using the freting hand. You pick once then the rest is legatto no picking
*PROFILE NOT IN USE*
Quote by mightmuffin
No he doesn't cause he puts his right hand in the air on a live vid i saw of it. It's played all with just hammer ons and pull offs using the freting hand. You pick once then the rest is legatto no picking

oh that's right. I have the live at donnington dvd, i just haven't watched it in a while. I knew it wasn't tapping though.
Quote by mightmuffin

How does he prevent noise if his hand is up in the air?

When I play I get alot of noise from the other strings, unless i have my right hand on them. However, if i use my right hand to mute the other five strings I am able to play it legato just fine.
Whatever!

I remember when I first got that too. It was a great day. Way to go Pibbz!

Here's a tip that I still use for that song: If you're going to do it all as hammer-ons and pull offs, use two fingers on your right hand to mute the G and high e (bottom and 3rd-from-bottom) strings. It'll keep them from vibrating (or being accidentally hit!) and make the sound a lot cleaner.

Then you can crank the distortion and use the bridge pickup @ like 10 on the tone knob!

Rock and roll man!
instead of just picking with the flat edge of the pick, turn it sideways so the edge is facing you, place your palm on the bottom bridge but away from the strings. and make quick sweeping motions
Okay.

On the album recording of the song, Angus Young put tape on the other 5 strings so as to reduce string noise. He then recorded the part 100% picked.

Live, he plays it however the hell he wants. He'll pick it, he'll do it all left hand, he'll tap it. He's Angus Young, he does what he wants.

Quote by martyr1130
dude, yeah it's not the right way, but he's a beginner. I'm sick of people like you, he came here asking for help so he could do it right didn't he? just leave it alone.

You calm down. He didn't bitch him out.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by ncm414
or....finger tap it.

That's not really going to help you. You would be better off to do hammer-ons and pulloffs and mute with your right hand...
Quote by isaac_bandits
That's not really going to help you. You would be better off to do hammer-ons and pulloffs and mute with your right hand...

Yeah that's how I do it. But then again I am not Angus. He has is own style of playing it.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.