Ok I've been spending time working out how to play some songs acoustically (So far I have Radiohead's "Just", Placebo's "Infrared" and Weezer's "My Name Is Jonas." Now working on At The Drive-In's "Arcarsenal" and my friend wants me to do Aerosmith's "Jaded.")

Anyway, I'm currently working on doing an acoustic cover of Thursday's "Understanding In A Car Crash."

I have the intro/chorus down, but the verse is sticking me. What chord could I mod this lead line into?

Pre-Verse
E|----------------------------------------------------------0--------0------------
B|-----0--------8----------------5p0---------------0-------------------------0----
G|--------5--------5-----7p5-------------5h5p0--------5--------5--------5---------
D|-----------7--------7-------0-------7---------3--------3--------3--------3------
A|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D|--0-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cont.
E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B|-----------3------12/3----------------------------------------------------------
G|--5-----5-----5---------0-------------------------------------------------------
D|-----0--------------------------------------------------------------------------
A|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm doing it in Standard so the Drop D really doesn't apply unless you think I need it (Right now the chords I'm using for the chorus don't need it).

So how could I turn this lead guitar part into some chords? Or do you think I should play it in a more finger-picked, acoustic way? Preferably easy, I'm thinking of attempting to sing while playing it.

Any suggestions on how to adapt and play it are welcome.

PS When I'm done with more of the songs I'll upload them if anyone's interested.

EDIT: Sorry the tab didn't copy well. Here is a link if you want to look and if you have any ideas for other sections of the song. All help is appreciated!

http://www.911tabs.com/link/?3590135
Last edited by Heavens_To_Hell at Apr 2, 2008,
Just leave it as it is, after all it's already arpeggiated chords.

[EDIT] looking properly, Am and Gm
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Apr 2, 2008,
Quote by Heavens_To_Hell
Ok I've been spending time working out how to play some songs acoustically (So far I have Radiohead's "Just", Placebo's "Infrared" and Weezer's "My Name Is Jonas." Now working on At The Drive-In's "Arcarsenal" and my friend wants me to do Aerosmith's "Jaded.")

Anyway, I'm currently working on doing an acoustic cover of Thursday's "Understanding In A Car Crash."

I have the intro/chorus down, but the verse is sticking me. What chord could I mod this lead line into?

Pre-Verse
E|----------------------------------------------------------0--------0------------
B|-----0--------8----------------5p0---------------0-------------------------0----
G|--------5--------5-----7p5-------------5h5p0--------5--------5--------5---------
D|-----------7--------7-------0-------7---------3--------3--------3--------3------
D|--0-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cont.
E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B|-----------3------12/3----------------------------------------------------------
G|--5-----5-----5---------0-------------------------------------------------------
D|-----0--------------------------------------------------------------------------
D|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm doing it in Standard so the Drop D really doesn't apply unless you think I need it (Right now the chords I'm using for the chorus don't need it).

So how could I turn this lead guitar part into some chords? Or do you think I should play it in a more finger-picked, acoustic way? Preferably easy, I'm thinking of attempting to sing while playing it.

Any suggestions on how to adapt and play it are welcome.

PS When I'm done with more of the songs I'll upload them if anyone's interested.

EDIT: Sorry the tab didn't copy well. Here is a link if you want to look and if you have any ideas for other sections of the song. All help is appreciated!

http://www.911tabs.com/link/?3590135

I won't tell you the chords, but.

Try to figure out the notes and which chords they belong to. Prolly the easiest way is to play the chord and see how it fits with the lead part.
So do you think I should leave it as an arpeggio or try and turn it into chords?

The apreggio probably sounds better but it's difficult to play and sing at the same time :S
It's up to you really, just muck around with it and see what works best - depending on the sound you want strumming the chords might not work as well as arpeggiating them...ultimately your left hand can do the same thing either way, just experiment wth picking patterns.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com