Hey

Im very unhappy with the gain chanell on my Peavey VK 112 ....its to dirtty for my taste .. so i need something to give me a NON-DIRTTY overdrive ..like in this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCgw0hmgLFQ the guitar tone at the beggining of the song.

currenty im looking at the Marhall bb-2 ..and the Digitech Bad Monkey. which one would get me close to that tone ?

if u guys have any other suggestions other than those above pls do .

thx for any feedback

Cheers !
seymour duncan pickup booster pedal would do it probably.
or an EQ pedal, the possibilities are endless with those things.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
ah great thx ...

the SD booster ...what does it exacly do ... boost the output in the pickups ?
well ..if its worth it ... its up to 100 euros ...about 150 $
yes ...but also 3 times the price ...and thers also the kerry king eq by mxr ..which is even more expenzive ..

..to come back to the Bad Monkey ..couldnt i use this as an eq ..and maybe add just a bit of gain ? i usualy use little gain
the kerry king is just a regular 10 band but with his name on it and two outputs. not worth it IMO.

you could use it as a very basic EQ but you can't turn the bass up much or it starts to get muddy. for adding a bit of gain, it's perfect of course. but don't expect miracles from the 'eq'.
aha i see ..thx

i dont need bass ..at all ..with the vk 112 and my epi lp standard i allready have a lot of bass that i do not desire ... the lp's p-ups are v bassy. i need to brighten up the sound as much as posible

btw red strat ..im also lefty and live in europe :P
Quote by Kiddd
aha i see ..thx

i dont need bass ..at all ..with the vk 112 and my epi lp standard i allready have a lot of bass that i do not desire ... the lp's p-ups are v bassy. i need to brighten up the sound as much as posible

btw red strat ..im also lefty and live in europe :P

ahh, it's good for cutting bass if you'd want to
i guess you could use the treble control to brighten up your sound (why not use the amp's EQ though ? ) and the gain knob to add the gain you want.

haha, cool
join the lefties group if you're not already in it
well on the gain chanell of my amp i got the treble and mids at max ...and still the tone is pretty dark ...

hehe ..and is that the europe's lefty club ? :P .. where can i join ?
if you did want to still get a OD pedal (which can do the trick IMO) check out fulltone's ocd and MI audio's blueboydeluxe. I can get that tone you were looking for with my blue boy.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
i know i need a speaker change and a tube swap also .. i heard it clears the sound a lot .. but i dont have the money to do that right now .. and when i'll do i'll sell my vk and get an Ac30

and can i pls get a link to the MI audio blueboydeluxe ...i cant seem to find it