Recently, I've become more involved with bands around my area. I help them organize shows, make stickers and shirt designs, et cetera. Also, I love vinyl and wish I was born only ten years ago when 7 inch were a valid form of merchandise. See where this is going?

Since no bands around my area have 7 inches, I thought I could start a small business of making 7 inches. But alas, I don't know how.

What equipment, and how much would it cost, to produce and sell 7 inches?
Touche.
That's why I'd like to find a price range and try to strat up a mini record label.
Yeah, just get a company to do it. Back when I used to talk to the guy that does Toxic Holocaust he just had a company do it for him. It was crazy cheap. Doing it yourself would cost a ****LOAD. I know how records are made but I don't feel like explaining the entire process here.

EDIT:

Quote by Louisio
Touche.
That's why I'd like to find a price range and try to strat up a mini record label.

Do you realize record companies get companies to press CD's and vinyls for them? They don't do that **** themselves.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
Do you realize record companies get companies to press CD's and vinyls for them? They don't do that **** themselves.

Valid point, but he could potentially make more profit in the long run if it caught on
Quote by nebiru
Yeah, just get a company to do it. Back when I used to talk to the guy that does Toxic Holocaust he just had a company do it for him. It was crazy cheap. Doing it yourself would cost a ****LOAD. I know how records are made but I don't feel like explaining the entire process here.

EDIT:

Yeah, but the companies the record labels have press CD's don't send them off to a differnt company.
So I'd rather do it myself.
Or be that company.
Quote by Mark-O1987666
Valid point, but he could potentially make more profit in the long run if it caught on

He would have to have MOSTLY black metal and thrash bands... not a whole lot of bands release 7 inches anymore. Well punk too.. It really wouldn't be worth it. He could make money pressing vinyl for other people perhaps.

EDIT:

Ok, here is probably your cheapest bet..

http://www.retrothing.com/2005/09/recording_your_.html

And that thing does 1 record at a time for 10,000.
Quote by Louisio

Haha, like I said man. It would be really expensive to have a vinyl producing "factory"

The factories that produce vinyls have a machine that makes a master record out of some kind of metal that is dipped into different other metals and blah blah. That one machine alone would probably be over $100,000.
Lol.
I wan't thinking some factory.
Just like some garage thing so I could help out local bands.
Quote by Louisio
Lol.
I wan't thinking some factory.
Just like some garage thing so I could help out local bands.

Right I know.. thats why I said "factory"

Alot of people do what you are saying. Just agree that you will help the bands and then get a company who does it to press the stuff for you and just ask them to pay you in free demos or something. My buddy Dustin used to have a small label and he could still manage to sell the demos he released for $1-$3 bucks a piece (showing that getting a company to press this stuff is dirt cheap) and not lose money.