My budget is about 300 euros...
I've seen that people write good things about Roland Cube 30, Vox AD30VT and Peavey Classic, but never played those....
I need an amp for smaller gigs and that will suit rock, grunge, some blues and some trash metal...thanks...

p.s. sorry if my english is bad.....
Try the Peavey Bandit 112. That's ridiculously versatile and easily big enough for practice/small gigs, plus, its really cheap.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Connor6c
I have the Vox, and for what you play I think it will be great, it can cover pretty much all of them. Not so sure about the thrash metal, but maybe you could get the new Vox XL series.

Can the Vox AD30VT cover the thrash metal with a distortion pedal...? Boss DS-1 for example...?
Yamaha C40 acoustic
Yamaha EG 112

Yamaha GA-15

Dunlop Crybaby Original
I use the VoxAD30VT for practises and I can get a very good tone for metal from it
It has amazing cleans, and yes there are better amps for metal out there but I personally find the amp good enough for my needs

It's a great amp for the price
Is it loud enough for gigs in front of about 200 people....?
Yamaha C40 acoustic
Yamaha EG 112

Yamaha GA-15

Dunlop Crybaby Original
One of my friends in my band plays his guitar through a Vox AD30VT with a distortion pedal and it sounds insane. Really good. With the FX pedal it is louder than my 75 watt Randall through no pedals. And I'm sure that my Randall RG75 would be even better than the Vox with an effects pedal - I got it for only $420AUD which is 245 euros. That was an insane deal and I doubt you could get that again - but the Randall is freakishly awesome for metal and has fantastic bass.
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:
-Boss ME-50 Multi Effects

Quote by Ajax413
Pfft... I know a guy who didn't even masturbate until he was 18... now that's a late bloomer.
Last edited by metalface211 at Apr 4, 2008,
Quote by Ichimaru
Try the Peavey Bandit 112. That's ridiculously versatile and easily big enough for practice/small gigs, plus, its really cheap.

I have one of them. Few people have said its not great, but I find it has a nice sound, good distortion (not br00tl) and is criminally loud. They seem to be pretty cheap everywhere.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
I have a VOX AD30VT, and from what I've been able to get out of it is extremely good, but the high gain settings like Nu-Metal and US Hi-Gain are incredibly muddy, so I recommend running an FX pedal through the amp if you're looking for thrash sounds. You can get killer classic rock sounds on the UK 80's setting though.
Ok, great, everyone said the best about the Vox...I'm getting it.... I found a used one for 150 euros, but at local guitar store its 250...
What distortion pedal to use for good thrash metal tones?
Yamaha C40 acoustic
Yamaha EG 112

Yamaha GA-15

Dunlop Crybaby Original
The Cube 30 would also be a good choice. And best part, its on-board distortion is excellent for an SS amp, you wouldn't have to buy a distortion pedal to play thrash and the likes.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Try the Laney VC-15 of LC-15, it's a real valve amp, plenty loud, easily the best bang for buck!
Gear:
Gibson les paul Studio faded, modded Buckethead style (killswitch, 1 tone, 1 vol)
Taylor Big Baby 306-GB
Modded Cort KX-5, runaway (neck) and warthog (bridge)
Laney VC-15
Digitech Bad Monkey, EH Big Muff, crybaby JH-1
Solved the problem(VOX AD30VT)...+ DS-1 distortion....

Thanks everyone!
Yamaha C40 acoustic
Yamaha EG 112

Yamaha GA-15

Dunlop Crybaby Original