I'm stuck on a particular question. Probably a simple solution but I can't seem to get it.

"Calculate the wavelength of electrons that have been accelerated from rest through a P.D. of 100V"

I know the Planck constant, charge on an electron, and the mass of an electron.

Any ideas?

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Google the problem, word for word. Works for 50-75% of my AP Chem homework.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
^^

I stuck the values in this equation. Seemed to work.

EDIT- Yep, the de Broglie equation worked. You can replace 'p' (momentum) with-

root(2meV)

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

There ya go then. lol

I don't remember much of electro/magnetism anymore... but I'm pretty sure the speed of an electron is usually at the speed of light?
It's accelerated through 100 electron volts so has 100 x electron rest mass of energy (I think) in Joules. Then E = hf (f = E/h) and lamda = c/f so lamda = (ch)/E. That's how I would do it. I think you use the rest mass of an electron for electron volts. Might wanna check it.
Quote by Beware!Criminal
Google the problem, word for word. Works for 50-75% of my AP Chem homework.

That's because every AP test is put online and your teacher most likely just gives you old tests for homework.
Quote by muse_
It's accelerated through 100 electron volts so has 100 x electron rest mass of energy (I think) in Joules. Then E = hf (f = E/h) and lamda = c/f so lamda = (ch)/E. That's how I would do it. I think you use the rest mass of an electron for electron volts. Might wanna check it.

aye that would work, but you might get marked down for the inaccuracy that an electron can approach but not reach c
Meh it's a constant and I'm only AS standard so it'll do for me.
ahh Physics is the devil's handy work
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by HanPlaysBass
That's because every AP test is put online and your teacher most likely just gives you old tests for homework.

No, they aren't all online, just most, and a large portion of our homework comes out of textbooks. APQ's aren't the only schoolwork answers you can find online.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!