This summer I want to get a job working with music. NOT in a record store but in a studio or music store. Im 15 but I'm gonna be 16 halfway through the summer.

Are their any other jobs that are music related for a teen musician?
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Work part-time in a music shop?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Guitar Center used to hire 15 year olds. I dunno if they do anymore.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by Chikitty_China

I wanted to do that but GC is kinda far away. I was gonna work there once I get my license.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

I was actually kinda wondering the same thing (I'm the same age, but in Edmonton, Alberta)
Quote by Chikitty_China

My guitar center told me that they don't hire anyone over 18. Guess it varies from store to store.
It's hard, everyone wants one.

I'd recommend getting some work experience first, GC will easily take a 19 person who's washed dishes for 3 years over a 16 year old who's done nothing before.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
i want a weekend job for next year coz im goin 6th form and i want 2 work in a guitar shop
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Theres no way you will be hired in a studio. And if you do it will be for a non-paying intern position. Which means you will be everyones bitch and buy donuts and coffee and crap like that.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
well, you could join a band that goes on tour the entire summer
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Studio? have fun finding a job there at 15.
And we will send you to whatever God you wish...
lessons
i might do one this weekend and get payed for the first time this weekend xD
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
buy a lot of BYOC pedals. Assemble them. Write "Marshall" on them. Sell them for twice as much as you bought them for!
You're gonna have to go with lessons. Go to your local music store; Many provide lessons through the store. But you'll have to audition for them to know whether or not you cut it. You have to be pretty skillful in addition to being a good teacher and knowing what you're talking about. Extensive theory knowledge would be very helpful.
D:
Signature.
i dono what you should do put heres my experience with jobs

1 if you dad is somebody higher up ask for a job from him you get paid more plus you have him

2 find a used guitar shop or a pawn shop offer to redo old guitars and restring

and on 2 im 13 and was offered a job for a used store so i hope you can find something
Quote by jakewynnrocks
marshall has half stacks for only 600, but i dont know if theyre any good. seems like a good deal....
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
How do you advertise lessons?
Make a flier. Plaster them everywhere.

I even put them up in stores, and one called me to **** with me.

They said "I'm interested in lessons...HEY, JERK, YOU PUT A FLIER IN OUR STORE. Just to let you know we took it down."

Calmly I responded, "Oh, okay! Thanks for the free advertising!"

That was the only call I got by the way.

My students have all come from word of mouth; friends, friends of friends and so on.

It's really not an incredibly profitable endeavor unless you're dedicated and you've done it for five years or so. Even then it pays about what a regular job would pay.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

You could work at a public radio station. If you have a university in your town then you could try getting a job with their radio station. If you really want to work with music, then volunteering at a public radio station is a great place to start. They have plenty of gear, usually nice people, and you would be allowed to work with the gear and get a feel for how it works.

You probably wouldn't be paid until you've worked there long enough to secure a paying position, like listening to recordings sent in by local bands, doing a radio show, assisting in audio production, etc. It would be a great experience though, and would look good on a resume.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Be an ass-kissing roadie for an up-and-coming band in your region.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Barrel Boy
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
form a band, play gigs?

maybe work somewhere with a live band playing every night, its not musical, but its around music.
If you're good enough, you can teach guitar, or whatever instrument you play.

If not, you can probably get a job stocking and/or selling stuff at a shop.
Find a sound production company, and get work helping set up for shows in the area. There's a company that sets up for the shows at the local fair, and they send me down there to help set up. You'll be in manual labor most likely, but eventually you can work your way up. BTW i'm only 14.
Can't form a band

I want to teach but I'd freeze during the audition. Unless I go to peoples houses to teach their kids.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

lessons are the only thing I can think of, you might be able to get a job as like assistant sound guy at an all ages venue.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm