I have this guitar http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARGR320EX and I was wondering, does the guitar difference make making pinch harmonics much harder? Because I am having a hard time getting very sharp squeals. And what are some stuff that will help getting pinch harmonics sound better?
Look into my eyes...
Current Gear:
Ibanez Iceman IC400
Marshall MG15DFX
BOSS Metal Zone
BOSS NS-2
I have played one of those and I wasn't too impressed with the harmonics. Perfectly doable, but seeing as the pickups aren't great and its made of basswood, it wil be harder. Make sure the volume and tone are turned up, using the bridge pickup and turn up the gain and treble on your amp.
The more distortion and treble you use, the fuller your harmonics will sound.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Honestly, certain guitars/amps do make pinching easier. At the end of the day however, it is a technique. Something that I can do on acoustic, single coils, and even bass (when I get lucky)

Develop your technique.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
High gain, treble helps. On the low strings, you really have to dig in.

Also, sweet spots change depending on the guitar. I think that's the only thing that's wrong.
You just need to practice more.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Some compression helps too
Guitars:

Ibanez SZ320
Ibanez RG450
Ibanez SC620
Bc Rich Warlock 7 String
ESP LTD SC-607

FX:

Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 PodXT Live

Amp:

Line 6 Flextone 2
I find it difficult to do pinch harmonics on my Ibanez as well. (It's an S-series but an Ibanez nonetheless.) But when I play on my friends Stratocaster it's insanely easy for me.

The seems to be some "sweet spots" on the guitar for different pitches as well.

And: practice.
My S pulls them off very easily, just as easily as my LTD and my appalling starter guitar. It's just a question of getting used to the spots, seriously. You can do pinch harmonics on classical guitars, they just won't sound loudly and the spots are weird.
Ibanez are generally hard guitars to do pinch harmonics on because they have a very low "action" (the distance between the strings and the neck) to get good ones, listen to the master (Zakk Wylde not me) "get a guitar with a high action, whack on a load of gain and make sure you're on the bridge pickup
Quote by feelthedemon
Ibanez are generally hard guitars to do pinch harmonics on because they have a very low "action" (the distance between the strings and the neck) to get good ones, listen to the master (Zakk Wylde not me) "get a guitar with a high action, whack on a load of gain and make sure you're on the bridge pickup

Oh dear.

A. Action has nothing to do with it.

B. You can ADJUST the action.

C. Most Ibanez players have no trouble getting them. Satch, Vai?

Quote by feelthedemon
PS that's not how u spell ROFL

D. What?

E. Don't double post.