Page 1 of 2
I started playing guitar at a good age and music is all I ever think about, playing guitar is all I ever want to do, i've just left my previous band along with bassist and rhythm player, cause we didnt like the other two and we wanted an excuse to change the name too.

We a have a pretty good drummer and we're seriously looking to try and make it.
Any tips on getting better gigs etc?

(I'm serious, any rejects are unwanted, seriously, go get lives)

Oh and please no:
STOP LIVIN IN A DREEM WURLD

I'm not living in a dream world, i never said I was going to do it.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
You could play lots of gigs and put on good shows.

The music doesnt matter as long as you're good looking
Write some good songs, make a relatively original sound, get some good recordings, then myspace the rest.

EDIT: oh wait- you're 14...
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
The only thing is, that is probably what every band says
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
make a myspace, and put some recordings up if you can. great for booking
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
1. record a demo
2. post on every hosting site on internet
3. wait for people to recognize you
4. get record label
5. ?????
6. profit!
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Stop Livin In A Dreem Wurld
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Put up recordings on the internet, ***** them out to everyone in your area to get gigs. Open for semi-big bands and just make some good original music.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
lol, its going to be hard to get people to take you seriously at your age, if you guys continue playing together for a few years by the time you're 18 you'll be rockin out hard.. until then you're going to be stuck playing pretty small gigs
Soulja Boy put all his songs on Youtube before anybody knew who he was, and now he's fcking loaded.
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
lol, its going to be hard to get people to take you seriously at your age, if you guys continue playing together for a few years by the time you're 18 you'll be rockin out hard.. until then you're going to be stuck playing pretty small gigs

The age doesn't matter as long as you're making good music. It's just harder to get out there at 14 and 15 making it harder to be recognized.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Other jobs that invovle music, the industry, and the like:

Recording Engineer
Producer
Session Musician
Composer
Teacher
Professor
Transcriber

Just other ideas, you really don't realise how hard 'making it' is.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Vauxite
I started playing guitar at a good age and music is all I ever think about, playing guitar is all I ever want to do, i've just left my previous band along with bassist and rhythm player, cause we didnt like the other two and we wanted an excuse to change the name too.

Oh and please no:

ok.

Good for you. But theirs millions of musicians out there who are also trying to make it. What makes your band so different from the countless others?

Getting better gigs wont let you "make it". Theirs so much more to being in a successful band than just better gigs. And its pure luck that bands get spotted by just playing gigs.

You need to record a quality demo. Put as much effort as it were your debut album, because you are more than likely gonna be judged by that and live performances. Dont cheap out on it either. Gotta spend money to make money.

Dont look at that as negative btw, its to help you realise that its not as easy as some people think.

And for the record. I have dropped out of school to persue music. I know I have a huge uphill struggle already but Im willing to fight for what I love.

I will give you a more informative post in a few minutes to show you reality of it all.
you mean you guezz r seriouslyy lookin to make it!

pfft as if no one else is 'seriously' trying to make it
You're 14.

If you honestly want to get big, use the next few years to get as much skill and knowledge as you can.

Play in bands for experience, but be aware that your first band is pretty unlikely to get anywhere.

Seriously, don't think yuo're going to become famous at your age. What you shuold be thinking about is how to make it a reality later and use your time to work on making it feasable.

You make your own luck.
Being 14, you have more time to build up a strong fan base.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Vauxite

Oh and please no:

HOLY CRAP YOU LIVE IN THE SAME TOWN AS ME.

Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Yeah i'm 15, just havent updated profile.
I know it's gonna be hard... but life isn't easy.

But im looking to make it not like SUPER FAMOUS (although that would be gladly welcomed) just reasonably popular.
Thanks guys.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
well i was like you a while ago, i went and signed with a producer, and i work for his marketing company now. he sets up all the gigs for us pretty much along with myself for my band. if you can work something like that its not a bad deal.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul St.
Peavy Classic VTX 200w
dunlop crybaby wah
boss metal zone distortion
yeah dude, let your balls drop and get a lot better write some more songs and then try to play some clubs and stuff when youre actually old enough to get inside.
play a bunch of gigs and eventually youll start getting bigger ones
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
get people you know to recommend you to potential gig places
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
I dont think that there is any big secret.

Write good music, know your target market, get an image an tour alot!
Good luck I guess.
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
just do it
get good sounding demos, send them to everyone and anyone, play gigs all the time (booked from sending your demos places) and set up a good myspace
thats all you can do, its up to how long youll last before you give up and how good your songs are
Quote by Vauxite

Oh and please no:

dude you look like a little kid
if you can write good music what are the chances of getting famous?
is there anything that can hinder your chances even if your dedicated?
can someone answer these questions for me?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
you need to be unique, different from all the other bands.

in my area, there are LOADS of very good bands, making good music and are really good live. BUT, there music isent exactly different. Its been done basicly.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
well you shouldn't really be concerned with "making it" just have some fun or else music will become like work, which is a key reason why many people who study music in college never make it big, because it becomes work.
you need to play gigs, make yourself known locally, record well with professional equipment, and a good drummer isnt always the most important, but what is important is a good singer. it is hard to find a good male singer, but there is always the option to find an attractive girl with a good voice to sing for you and with a girl singer you are more likely to make it big (if you want that kind of attention) good luck.
http://www.myspace.com/theeyesofatraitor

These guys are from my area, all 16, so age isn't *that* much of a barrier if you're half decent. It usually takes a band a year or 2 to really define the sound they want and create something original/getting used to playing with each other etc.
Thats the only real way of doing it, is playing practicing and getting your name out to people in the highest places you know. At your age, that's probably not many, but go to local gigs where the biggest local bands are playing and talk to the bands playing there. It takes time, but it's worth it
my advice is just get as good as guitar as you possibly can. If you just play powerchords than there is a one in a million chance you will get somewhere but if you are an extremley talented guitarist you WILL get somewhere. Even if you dont end up in a mansion with tons of cars if you are talented enough you can make a living out of it.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Page 1 of 2