the hobbit first
Quote by The Postman
Usually emos, have like twiggy legs you can snap in your hands...
Has anyone ever seen an obese emo?

Quote by cool#9
Whose fault is it you are a skinny worthless wimp, be a fat emo, problem solved.
The Silmarillion
Unfinished Tales
The Hobbit
The Lord of the Rings

That's assuming you mean the LotRings universe, aye?
Quote by Steel357
the hobbit first

Wrong

The Silmarillion covers the beginning of Middle Earth to the start of the LOTR trilogy, but covers a lot of data over a vast amount of space and is probably the most difficult to read.
The Hobbit, followed by Fellowship, Two Towers, Return of the King, Silmarillion and then Unfinished Tales. That is, assuming you want to read the Lord of the Rings/Middle Earth books. Roverandom is a pretty good book, though I read that in my childhood years...

^ The Silmarillion is something I would advise people to read after the major stories, because it's not really written in story-fashion. It's more like a history book, as is Unfinished Tales.
Quote by Retro Rocker
The Silmarillion
Unfinished Tales
The Hobbit
The Lord of the Rings

This man knows what he's talking about.

Be warned that the Silmarillion reads like the Bible...
Quote by Retro Rocker
The Silmarillion
Unfinished Tales
The Hobbit
The Lord of the Rings

Unfinished Tales includes stories from all three ages so you'd have to read it a little bit at a time to truly read it all in order.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Quote by Retro Rocker
The Silmarillion
Unfinished Tales
The Hobbit
The Lord of the Rings

There's more than that, but I'm too lazy to try to find all their names. Self admittedly, as much as he is a legend, I haven't read all of his stuff. Children of Hurin is one I know...
Quote by Retro Rocker
The Silmarillion
Unfinished Tales
The Hobbit
The Lord of the Rings

He is correct. I'm not sure I'd include Unfinished Tales, because there are some more books that I'd feel compelled to add on then (all edited and compiled by Christopher Tolkien) like The Book of Lost Tales. It's definitely at least The Silmarillion, The Hobbit, and then The Lord of the Rings.
The medium is the message!
The Hobbit is my favorite of all of them, and it made a pretty fun game too. I have Silmarillion lying around somewhere but never had the willpower to read past the first few pages.