Page 1 of 3
i was just wondering what kind of art the people of UG are into.
whos your favorite? what style?
idk..just tell me about it!
my favorite is Andy Warhol
(you know...the guy who did the banana on the Velvet Underground cd)
sig under construction.
I like really dark stuff, and mixtures of digital and traditional art.

Arthur Rackham is my favourite artist.

VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Pop Art FTW!
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by ibryant0915
I'm guessing by 'art' you mean drawing, painting, etc. Because, the obvious answer would be music

I mean, I can appreciate a good painting every now and then... but museums are not how I'd like to spend my day.

HOLY ****
your from kansas city!
sig under construction.
Pop art is retarded. Sure, it was good when it was breakthrough and new, but if you look up popart on DA, all you'll get is dickheads using the 'colorize' button on photoshop.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
i used to be reeally into graffiti, and my favortie style was philadelphia handstyles
(Invalid img)

and my favorite actual artist is probably alex gray
i like all sorts of art. i tend to like single pieces rather than whole genres or even one specific artist, but lots of different stuff appeals to me. just looks at favourites on dA and you'll see what i mean
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
i love pop art,
but when its actually got talent involved,
andy warhol used silk screening,
which is much more involved than anything on the computer these days..
sig under construction.
Conceptual art, one of the coolest ones I've heard of was when John Lennon was visiting one of Yoko Ono's art exhibits. There was a big stepladder that led to a magnifying glass hanging from the ceiling, and when you held it up you saw the word "Yes" painted on the ceiling. I also like alot of MC Escher's art
Last edited by TheRevolvers at Apr 2, 2008,
concept art ftw

im making a project in ceramics and its a bust of father time , but he's crying and the back of his head is the planet
Over my dead body , you nazi pirate bastard

I only really like realism. William Adolphe Bouguereau is my favourite, except I can't spell his name.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.

I drew a turtle in French

edit:

And a donkey-bass.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
I've never seen the attraction to paintings and stuff.
Like the Mona Lisa. Its a portrait of a woman.
Great.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Culture on UG? =/

Edward Hopper's Nighthawks, my favourite work of art.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Abstract because I can't draw for ****.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by captainoid
Andy Warhol FTW

High-fives and stuff.

But yeah, my favorite form of art is music, but there isn't much art I'm not into.

Warhol is kool for kats. I really like "modern art" in general, actually.

I make some of my own. I don't have the painting/drawing ability to do more detailed types anyway.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Pop art is retarded. Sure, it was good when it was breakthrough and new, but if you look up popart on DA, all you'll get is dickheads using the 'colorize' button on photoshop.

Correctomundo. Surrealist ftw, especially Dali, Picasso and the artist that did the Biting Pear of Salamanca.
i like a lot of surrealistic, impressionistic and expressionistic stuff. they're the genres that appeal to me most.
Quote by Chobes
Correctomundo. Surrealist ftw, especially Dali, Picasso and the artist that did the Biting Pear of Salamanca.

haha i figured this would have been brought up.
sig under construction.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Culture on UG? =/

Edward Hopper's Nighthawks, my favourite work of art.

damn, thats tight
MC Escher is my fave. His mind**** sketches are awesome.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by digimon go!
damn, thats tight

Sorry it's a big pic but Edward Hopper is my all time favourite, but I also like Impressionists like Mattisse, I love the colours used:

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
René Magritte.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I like equal mixture of imagination and classical skill. I'd say I like surreal art, but a lot of it is bollocks. I like cubism quite a bit though, hmm.

My favourite artist is Stanley Donwood.
Quote by gorecore=me
is a bidet a type of crisp?
Quote by Nerdo-sez-bo
I like equal mixture of imagination and classical skill. I'd say I like surreal art, but a lot of it is bollocks. I like cubism quite a bit though, hmm.

My favourite artist is Stanley Donwood.

Stanley Donwood is a ****ing genius. Have you got Dead Children playing?

I also like a lot of Damien Hirst's work especially The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living.

EDIT: And The Designers Republic do some amazing album art.
Quote by Broken_Drum
Stanley Donwood is a ****ing genius. Have you got Dead Children playing?

I also like a lot of Damien Hirst's work especially The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living.

I'm not so sure of Damien Hurst now, he could shit in a box and sell it for millions these days. Did he not sell a bathroom cabinet for $6Million or something?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I'm not so sure of Damien Hurst now, he could shit in a box and sell it for millions these days. Did he not sell a bathroom cabinet for $6Million or something?

Some **** like that, I like a lot of his work but some of it is just ridiculous. He does push the boundaries a bit which I admire but I think sometimes he's just taking advantage of the art scene.
Quote by Broken_Drum
Some **** like that, I like a lot of his work but some of it is just ridiculous. He does push the boundaries a bit which I admire but I think sometimes he's just taking advantage of the art scene.

True, it's original in the fact that his stuff is so ridiculous that no-one else would try it, e.g the diamond skull thing he's making.

Were those statues out in the middle of the sea his work? Because I rather like those.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
True, it's original in the fact that his stuff is so ridiculous that no-one else would try it, e.g the diamond skull thing he's making.

Were those statues out in the middle of the sea his work? Because I rather like those.

I don't think he did those, no. I'm not 100% though.

EDIT: I quite like them also. If anyone would be so kind as to tell me the name of the artist that would be great, thanks.
Quote by rabidguitarist

Not all pop art sucks. Some of Warhol's stuff is pretty great

Generally, surrealism.

Anyone know of artists that use mostly geometric shapes in their work?
I'm sick of people thinking they're artsy because they know who Andy Warhol is

That's not directed at you TS, I mean the girls who will put an Andy Warhol silkscreen on their myspace and tell all the world how different and indie they are because of it.
Last edited by stringmagician at Apr 2, 2008,
I'm more into actually creating the art

drawing paintings, pastels, what have ye
Guitar - Fender Jaguar HH Special (Black)

Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95

Zoom GFX - 3

Amp - Marshall MG100DFX

Band - Not Half Right
(www.myspace.com/halfrightmusic)
Page 1 of 3