im looking for a more metal sound like metallica slayer megadeth.

the setup im using is an epiphone g400 throught a marshall avtx stack and a crybaby wah wah. ive been looking at some distorsion pedals like the electro harmonix metal muff with top boost and dimbag signature dunlop distorsion pedals.

does any one know of a beter pedal to get a better sound?
Everybody is going to tell you to get a new amp.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
the metal muff is spectacular. way better than that dimebag garbage.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
this wont answer your question exactly, but on general metal sound remember to EQ, scooped mids sounds good for more modern sounds, use low bass and higher mid and treb for more "vintage" metal sounds, use high treb and low bass and mids for black metal (just guidlines mind you, always experiment)

if i set the eq right and play with the pickups and tone knobs i can get pretty good sounds for any genre on most any equipment, so remember that technique and proper utilization of equipment is really most important
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
/\ You don't have to crank the gain all the way either.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
I have the metal muff.. i love it. if you want just message me when you get and ill give you some good tips.
Quote by Bvajgrt94
I have the metal muff.. i love it. if you want just message me when you get and ill give you some good tips.

can you get like a metallica sound with the metal muff.

also when i get the money i will be upgrading my amp to eather a jcm 800 or 900 depending on which i think sounds better or a dsl 100. or save a lot and get a mesa dual rictofier.
I think a metal muff would do quite well for that "general" thrash metal tone. Another pedal I think you should consider is the Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde, theres a new version 2 of that pedal so u should try and get that
Quote by ribo
can you get like a metallica sound with the metal muff.

also when i get the money i will be upgrading my amp to eather a jcm 800 or 900 depending on which i think sounds better or a dsl 100. or save a lot and get a mesa dual rictofier.

Yeah, you can get a pretty harsh mettallica tone.
kk ill try out a metal muff at soundsgreat at the weekend and ill look at the Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde.