alright, in a month, i'm getting a guitar... and i have around 1500 USD

i was looking into the gibson les paul standard faded, but i heard about the epiphone elitists, honest opinion from everyone, how do you think they compare? idc about the brand name. looking for quality comparisons.

and would you take those two over a fender american deluxe ash strat? (yeah i know, apples and oranges, but i love both of them, i'm talking about build quality)

i know i can get the sound i want out of all of those guitars, i don't have the chance to play any of them except the strat first though...and i really liked it, but i love les paul's as well...

sooo...what are you guys' opinions ? thanks in advance.
Gibson Standard Faded's are great. I myself am saving for one (preferably used, i have $500 now). I've played two, and I loved the fat 50s neck one, the 60s neck seemed too thin for me.
DIO FOREVER
your welcome in advance.
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
The American Strat will give you a more stevie ray vaughn sound and the gibson will give you more of a jimmy page sound. I have played both and i perfer the Gibson more.
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
thanks guys, yeah the strat was really nice, and i've only played a normal standard LP, i liked it, but it didn't impress me enough for the money they wanted for it.
Ok, to compare the faded LP Standard to the Elitist, I've played these two side by side and the Elitist plays and feels better construction wise. Mind you, I've never liked those faded guitars. I really can't speak for the strat because I never play them (since I hate Fender, but to each their own).
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by onemanarmy9
Ok, to compare the faded LP Standard to the Elitist, I've played these two side by side and the Elitist plays and feels better construction wise. Mind you, I've never liked those faded guitars. I really can't speak for the strat because I never play them (since I hate Fender, but to each their own).

thanks for the input, the main thing i was looking for was a satin neck finish and that's what attracted me to it
If you want to get the best instrument for the price, you should definitely customize your own Carvin.

Just pick the body you like the most, choose your options, and voila! Spectacular guitar at a very low price.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I bought an elitist a few months ago and so far it's been great. I haven't played a lot of high end gibsons to compare it to, but its at least as good or better than any epi/gibson ive played