So, theres a talent show at my school tomorrow UG, I'm playing in it, of course.
But, my question to you is, how should I deal with stage fright? Theres going to be around 300ish people or so (Yeah..I know, small school) and the most I've ever played in front of is 6 or 7.
Any tips UG?
But...why would you bake a cake in the woods? No one bakes a cake in the woods! :O

...BATTLE CLERIC!
For a lot of people, it's an experience thing.

You eventually get used to it, and after awhile it doesn't affect you.

Just warm-up tons, and practice what you're playing a ton, because odds are your playing abilities will be decreased by around 30%.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Just breath. Cuz that's the things that you u usally forget to do and ur start turning red. so breath. and Try to relax. do whatever u do to relax, medidate, joke around with some guys, or just act stupid. IF I really need to relax, I just act rlly stupid and messed up, it helps me do crazy things. Try addressing a crowd or something right before. or like just do something really embrassing first, just to get ur blood flowing. I remember one day, I saw a fight in the subway, and the rest of the day i was so energized cuz i was so scared and my body just started acting like a man.
put it outta your mind just pretend your paracticing at home

or just fap onto the crowd like rammstein does :P
I know it doesn't really sound like great advice, but the second you start playing you don't even really notice the crowd, at least that's what happened to me with my first few gigs.
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
have someone you care about (girlfriend, boyfriend, best mate, etc) there to tell you that your good.
erm, join everyone else in the loo and practice. haha.
Don't be afraid. I was at my school talent show 2 weeks ago and we played in front of 500 people or so. it's really not that frightening up there. just play your heart out. good luck.
Spot a hot girl and imagine she's naked.

But don't stay concentrated on her.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
You should've been like me. I'm not playing a hard instrument in the talent show. I'm playing pots and pans in one act and harmonica in the other. **** yeah.
HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS
I can't play a good show until I make a mistake, so go up there, be like, wait a second, **** up, then be like alright and play.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
I haven't played a show but once in a play I was nerve free because the lights were shining in my eyes so I couldn't see anyone
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
1x naggin Jack Daniels 5 minutes before the show should sort you out.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
OH NO! YOU'RE PLAYING IN FRONT OF PEOPLE!? YOU'RE GOING TO SCREW UP! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

Once you're up there, it'll just go away.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Feed off it, once your up there let the adrenalin kick in and ride the wave
its a practice thing...once you get used to it you can easily deal with it...I didn't play on any piano concerts for like a year until recently and I was nervous as hell, went well though...you'll be fine
Quote by Td_Nights
For a lot of people, it's an experience thing.

You eventually get used to it, and after awhile it doesn't affect you.

Just warm-up tons, and practice what you're playing a ton, because odds are your playing abilities will be decreased by around 30%.

More like 80% in my case
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
take piss, drink some water, and you'll love it. Stage fright doesn't exist once you get up there (only me? dunno.) ur scared until u get the hell up there, then u enjoy every second of the attention.
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
and by the way, good luck
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
^ Like most of them said: just enjoy yourself up there. Move around on stage and stuff and the crowd will go wild.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"