Page 1 of 2
To the church-going christians at UG, how would you react if the worship band played killswitch engage stuff? cause i want to with our church youth group band. opinions please and thank you...
They probably wouldn't let you do it anyway, as a worship band (I assume) is there to play more religious oriented music rather than playing music by a metalcore band. But no harm in trying I guess.
i wouldn't mind, i don't like the band, but music is music and they should respect your taste, some people are way too uptight about religion and music, but if you have a good church, i'd say go for it
Try Slayer...
Your chances are better with that...
Especially with the song Disciple. People will think you're speaking about the Disciples of Christ until you hit the chorus and bam!

Edit: typo!
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Apr 2, 2008,
lol thata awesome lol.. well ive never really been to church alot : /.... but maybe you can make it a suprise.. tell them you are playing god songs and then bust out the KS lol....
I wouldn't care maybe as I am not religious but. One of my friends is INSANELY religious and is a huge fan of death metal. So they may not mind who knows. Ask around maybe.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
I played some slayer for my church............didn't work too well.......

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by girlscoutcookie
or just christian metalcore

(As I Lay Dying)

Fixed.

TS, go for it if that's what you want to play. I don't see what's holding you back.
Quote by samloeffer_17
To the church-going christians at UG, how would you react if the worship band played killswitch engage stuff? cause i want to with our church youth group band. opinions please and thank you...

regardless of the environment i would be pissed, mostly because i would be listening to a cover of some ****ty killswitch engage song
Quote by af_the_fragile
Try Slayer...
Especially with the song Disciple. People will think you're speaking about the Disciples of Christ until you hit the chorus and bam!

god hates us all!!!

Quote by manb3arpig
play raining blood....

nah it's not satanic or anti christ enough. i think alter of sacrifice or some deicide would do.
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL
Quote by MAKETHEMSUFFER!
nah it's not satanic or anti christ enough. i think alter of sacrifice or some deicide would do.

true.. true.. maybe number or the beast then? lol... i dont listen to death metal lol...
Do you really think the majority of church goers will want to listen to listen to metalcore? At that, do you think they'd want to listen to a few teens doing a COVER of some metalcore? Learn about who your audience is. Jesus, did this even need to be asked?
The problem is KSE isn't worship music. The worship band should be leading people in worship, not showing off some decent music. Otherwise I'd be playing completely different stuff in church on Sundays...
Quote by SaulHudson
Do you really think the majority of church goers will want to listen to listen to metalcore? At that, do you think they'd want to listen to a few teens doing a COVER of some metalcore? Learn about who your audience is. Jesus, did this even need to be asked?

yes?....
You could kinda play underoath for some -core stuff...
They're "christian" too...

Or maybe Thrice. Dustin's lyrics are really christian...
Just stick to the older "jesse" era songs as he took a lot of lyrical inspiration from parts of the bible etc.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by samloeffer_17

killswitch engage sucks...the idea is to get people to go to church...but if you play crap like that people will run away...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Try some switchfoot. Theyre all jesusy n stuff.
Quit my job blowin leaves
Telephone bills up my sleeves

And they were singin like this!
Quote by bequickorbedead
The problem is KSE isn't worship music. The worship band should be leading people in worship, not showing off some decent music. Otherwise I'd be playing completely different stuff in church on Sundays...

+infinity

The whole point of a worship band is to create a calm atmosphere to allow people to reflect and pray personally, or to get everyone clapping together having a great big hoo-ha and praising jesus.

Playing Fixation on the Darkness will acheive neither. I assume that at least some of the congregation aren't metalcore fans.
Quote by af_the_fragile
Try Slayer...

what about cult
Quote by cliff_em_all
cof_median11 is a Child Rapist.

Quote by blink day 4 eva
Theres a mosquito that lives in my room and i let him bite me all the time and i let him live. It's our special deal. His name is "The Dude".

Quote by Babbs
cof_median11, you sick ****.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
+infinity

The whole point of a worship band is to create a calm atmosphere to allow people to reflect and pray personally, or to get everyone clapping together having a great big hoo-ha and praising jesus.

Playing Fixation on the Darkness will acheive neither. I assume that at least some of the congregation aren't metalcore fans.

It'd be cool if it was a special night or whatnot. But as worship? Not really. I understand how bad you want you play it but there's a right time for everything.

I play in the worship band at my church. many many times we would sound check to Nothing Else Matters or ill trow some Master of puppets for the distortion. But thats about it.
We also used to have a band and play some hard rock (hardcore oriented, check my profile) and the youth leader would ask us to play System Of A Down. We never did cause none of us like them ha.
nah. worship bands are doomed to play talentless gay music. it's about singing, not the instruments.
If anything, try some Thrice.

Show the lyrics to your pastor/priest/whatever, and then play the song to him/her.
Dustins lyrics take a lot of inspiration from the bible, like Music Box and The Earth Will Shake
Quote by bi-ah!
killswitch engage sucks...the idea is to get people to go to church...but if you play crap like that people will run away...

gtfo
seriously
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Quote by frottage
nah. worship bands are doomed to play talentless gay music. it's about singing, not the instruments.

Maybe you should go to a different church..... yours def. sucks. There is great Christian music in just about any genre.

Its the music, not the singing.
Quote by Pabli7o
Maybe you should go to a different church..... yours def. sucks. There is great Christian music in just about any genre.

Yeah, I played some Deicide and everyone in the church was headbanging.
Play Alter Bridge!!!

They're fecking amazing and they have some christian lyrics

plus, the album Blackbird has some awesome metal riffs
Quote by Jaymz2K
If anything, try some Thrice.

Show the lyrics to your pastor/priest/whatever, and then play the song to him/her.
Dustins lyrics take a lot of inspiration from the bible, like Music Box and The Earth Will Shake

Listen to this dude!

Thrice is a band with heavy Bible influence without all the thumpings and the gayness.
Thats why even when almost all their songs have biblical influences, they're still a rock/experimental band (not a christian band) and rock!!
If you actually want churchers to like what you're playing, I suggest Creed or Alive - P.O.D

They may go down well or the Pastor will make you get on your knees suck his wanger/beg for forgivness. I dunno.

Edt: To sneyob, I love you...
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by Pabli7o

well yeah, like Norma Jean, As I Lay Dying, Haste the Day, August Burns Red, and then black metal like Crimson Moonlight and Antestor
at my church, it's all the songs like "Lord I Lift Your Name On High" and "Amazing Love", and they have a clean electric, an acoustic, bass, my dad on drums, a pianist, a lead singer and three or four women backup singers. it's just freaking gay. i want to start a christian band, but there's basically no musicians where i live, let alone religious ones.

EDIT: give them Antestor.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4SGpBAC5ABQ
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3WHtRIZDrGQ
Last edited by frottage at Apr 2, 2008,
I think that'd be cool. There's no way they would let you do that though. But you should try and metal up the worship songs a bit.
Signature temporarily empty
Quote by Kiffa
If you actually want churchers to like what you're playing, I suggest Creed or Alive - P.O.D

They may go down well or the Pastor will make you get on your knees suck his wanger/beg for forgivness. I dunno.

Edt: To sneyob, I love you...

haha I love you too Kiffa

but yeah I've wanted to get our high school groupd worship band thing to play Alter Bridge but I don't have the time or effort to actually join and do it!

plus, none of them could pull it off! ;P
Page 1 of 2