okay so i already had a 150 watt line 6 spider II that i really liked. my uncle was kind enough to update me and he bought me a 150 watt spider III amp. i was thinking maybe i could sell the spider II and buy a cabinet and use the spider III as a head for it...would this just be stupid/a waste of time? its just people tell me halfstacks work better than combo amps..or does it really even matter?
kind of a waste of time to use a combo as an amp head.
first, the combo already has a speaker, so it would make that one obsolete.
secondly, getting a cabinet would just add more speakers. it doesnt add volume or tone or anything to your sound. unless you swap out or have different speakers to the combo.
my advice: dont bother getting a cab
no. the spider 2 and 3 are vastly different. you could sell them both and get a spider 3 half stack. my guitarist leaves his spider 2 combo over, and i refuse to play it. believe me people, there IS a difference.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
I'm sensing that there's very little hope for this thread.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by CaRveItiNbass
no. the spider 2 and 3 are vastly different. you could sell them both and get a spider 3 half stack. my guitarist leaves his spider 2 combo over, and i refuse to play it. believe me people, there IS a difference.

That's like saying the dog poo you get when you feed your dog Chappie is vastly different from the dog poo you get when you feed it Pedigree Chum.

The Spider 3 is the same amp with a couple of extra bells and whistles, it doesn't sound any better than the Spider 2.

Sell them both and get something that isn't a glorified Fisher Price toy.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
nah i love the spider III...i dont care if you guys dont, it has like 400 some presets and i love the tone on alot of them