I used to always tap with my right foot (I'm right handed) to keep a beat, but I'm finding using my left is keeping me a little more in time. What do you guys use? Anyone not even need to tap?
If I'm playing bass, I use my head a little bit, maybe my right leg. When I'm sitting and playing the flute I'll use my right toe and sometimes my right leg haha.

To know another is to know a universe of others...
Sometimes a soul must wander to truly know it is home.

Andrew McMahon
I usually play standing up, and I get really into music so normally I'm dancing whenever I play, which helps keep beat.

If I'm practicing sitting down, I use my head, you know, nod along. I've never been able to synch up my hands and feet, which also explains why I suck at drums.
I allways see the famous guys using their left foot but I use my right. The only problem is that my guitar moves with me usually.
My Guitar

Quote by metacarpi
Do it once, it's a mistake.

Keep doing it, it's Jazz.

Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.
right foot. im ambidextrous. to keep time standing up, i circle bang.
metal.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
right foot. im ambidextrous. to keep time standing up, i circle bang.
metal.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
i don't at all, i find i get REALLY off beat if i tap cuz i concentrate on staying on beat with my foot
i normally do the head bobb, or if i'm into the full on bang
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
I'm right handed and usually use my left foot but I also use my right foot occasionally. I think it depends how I'm sitting/positioned.
I'd say my left foot, I'm left handed though so that's a bit more comfortable for me.
My shredding attracts small birds….

Love
Zelda?
It depends what the time signature is. If I'm just playing in 4/4, I do quarter notes with my right foot and eighth notes with my left. If I'm playing in something like 7/8, I move both of my fee in the rhythm like I would for double bass pedals on drums.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.