Where could i get a double neck 4-string bass, i was looking on Ebay and they have a half guitar half bass double neck, but i need one with 2 4-string basses. Does anyone have any idea where to get one?
May I ask why?
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Cause i want to play One of These Days, but none of my other friends play bass. Plus, no one else has one
sounds sweet. but buying it for one song?
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
make one...
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard.

But yeah, good luck, I think most of them are custom built.
Well, of course i'm gonna use it for other things. I can set it up to a loop like Tom Merrello(I don't know how to spell his name) And play other stuff on it. But how could i make one or find one? Does anyone have any idea?
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Except... it would be physically impossible to do anything on a double 4 string that you can't do on a 4 string.

Thats why i'll set it up with a loop
why would you need 2 necks?
unless one is fretless and the other freted there is no much point in one
if you want to change tunnings just buy a D-tunner
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by Pacaman

but how diferent are they going to sound?
unless they have extremly diferent sounds i think it is a waste of money
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by litus

I don't want them to sound different. I want to be able to play a bass part while another one is going.
Quote by Pacaman

My Gear

fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by Pacaman
I don't want them to sound different. I want to be able to play a bass part while another one is going.

You won't be able to play one bass while the other is going...

You've only got two hands, surely? Unless you can tap both parts... Or, your feet connect upsidedown. That would be crazy. Do they?

I'm guessing not...

Unless they're going to be in different tunings, and it'll be THAT hard to change (basses or tuning) during a gig after you've set your looper to play one line, is there much point at all?

No. There isn't.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
If you want to set up a loop, do what every other musician who does any looping whatsoever and get a loopstation.

Youtube Ed Alleyne Johnson Chester for an idea (I know he's an electric violinist, but it's a great example of looping... and guess what? He doesn't need a double necked violin)
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Use a looper. Loop one line and then play over it.

Thank you Bales, I'm just amazed it took this long for someone to state the obvious.

And if your going to play "One of these days", one of the basses should have very, very dead strings.

Here's another odd piece of rock trivia I have stored in my head. When they went to record that song, Roger Water's bass had dead strings. They sent the roadie out to get a new set, the said roadie got waylaid, ahem, "visiting" his girlfriend and never returned with the strings.
Quote by anarkee
Thank you Bales, I'm just amazed it took this long for someone to state the obvious.

And if your going to play "One of these days", one of the basses should have very, very dead strings.

Here's another odd piece of rock trivia I have stored in my head. When they went to record that song, Roger Water's bass had dead strings. They sent the roadie out to get a new set, the said roadie got waylaid, ahem, "visiting" his girlfriend and never returned with the strings.

lol I didn´t know that tale
Find a friend. You don't have to spend the money, and they're easier/more fun to abuse.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
A double necked 4-string bass defeats the purpose of being a human. You can't play them at the same time. (At least good) And like everyone in Bass Wars already does, you could just get a looper. I've had experiences like this before. Wait a a few weeks like RPGoof said and you'll stop wanting to waste your money.
I think its a waste of money.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
Wow guys. Really. He politely asked for help on finding an instrument for his needs, and you provide with all the alternatives under the sun.

That being said, stay away from buying from "tropicalmoonmusic" on ebay. They know absolutely nothing about anything that they sell. See
* Nobody likes WootSticks
Quote by WootSticks
Wow guys. Really. He politely asked for help on finding an instrument for his needs, and you provide with all the alternatives under the sun.

That being said, stay away from buying from "tropicalmoonmusic" on ebay. They know absolutely nothing about anything that they sell. See

But he doesn't need a double necked bass... not for the reason he's stated anyway.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
But he doesn't need a double necked bass... not for the reason he's stated anyway.

He could tap the two parts on the two necks. There might be chords that are impossible to play with just four strings. He might want to string one of them piccolo and play the guitar part on the other neck.
* Nobody likes WootSticks
We're not saying you can't find uses for a double neck bass, we're saying it's impractical and expensive, not to mention finding one is improbable and they're very rare.