Hi i was wondering what OD pedal gives the most gain but is still a quality pedal.

Price range is 120 or less and it will go with a fender HSS Strat
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Either a palomino v16 blackheart 15 watts or fender blues junior. Probably one of the latter wo. Trust me im asking about OD pedals. Just answer the question.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
The Bad Monkey I have does a good job of providing smoother gain.. I like using it with the preamp distortion as the tube distortion is warmer but a bit harsher, and the BM makes up for that by adding smoother gain.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Thanks. How much would you say a TS-9 has on a scale of 1 - 10
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Alright. Fulltone OCD is around $150 but used you could probably get one for your price. Do you want a transperent boost or one with some coloring to it?

Quote by IbanezPsycho
Someone just posted up with pics of a smooth OD with a tone of gain but i cant remember what it was called. I think it was blue..

the BLUE BOY DELUXE!!!!

http://miaudio.com/Pedals.htm
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
I truly was taken aback by the "trust me I want an OD - just answer the question" response. Half of my respects the hell out of such balls being thrown around, the other half is a jaw-dropping response to a snot-nosed kid. But I digress...

I am not here to judge nor create problems. I may not be the end-all source for answers but I recently added an OD to my rig that disappointed me. Perhaps my experience can be an asset to your decision making.

I added the fabled TS9 to my setup expecting all it is claimed to be. I am not saying it is bad but certainly seems to be the wrong choice for my setup. My HRD (in stock form) leaves much to be desired in the gain department. The EL84 swap has helped a ton and I like the OD now. It is the quintessential tube tone. Adding the TS9 basically just doubled my tone. It doesn't really push it any noticable amount further. If I use it on the clean channel it sounds good but I can get the same (or better) version on the drive channel.

So, I know this won't solve your decision problem, but hopefully you can learn from my disappointing purchase. I also may put this brind new TS9 up for sale on UG if the demand is there.

Rock on...

-Greg
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
Quote by greenwgreg
I truly was taken aback by the "trust me I want an OD - just answer the question" response. Half of my respects the hell out of such balls being thrown around, the other half is a jaw-dropping response to a snot-nosed kid. But I digress...

I am not here to judge nor create problems. I may not be the end-all source for answers but I recently added an OD to my rig that disappointed me. Perhaps my experience can be an asset to your decision making.

I added the fabled TS9 to my setup expecting all it is claimed to be. I am not saying it is bad but certainly seems to be the wrong choice for my setup. My HRD (in stock form) leaves much to be desired in the gain department. The EL84 swap has helped a ton and I like the OD now. It is the quintessential tube tone. Adding the TS9 basically just doubled my tone. It doesn't really push it any noticable amount further. If I use it on the clean channel it sounds good but I can get the same (or better) version on the drive channel.

So, I know this won't solve your decision problem, but hopefully you can learn from my disappointing purchase. I also may put this brind new TS9 up for sale on UG if the demand is there.

Rock on...

-Greg

hmm. i think the ts-9 is best used as a boost. doesnt sound that great through the clean channel but works wonders to tighten things up.

ibanezpsycho: NO PROB! its an amazing OD.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
the marshall Jackhammer OD setting has excessive amounts of gain. I have it at about 9 o'clock and its very saturated sounding. Also it can be used as an excessive volume boost. Very high output pedal.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.