I'm pretty sure they've been out for a while, they have the same thing but with a gold pick guard and stuff on americanmusical.com for $500 too. I thought the same thing when I first saw it.
i don't like it, it looks like crap
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
On Zzounds.com, it says they have Duncan Designed pickups, however the text on them shows they're not. So are they or aren't they? If they're the real deal I'm ready to go on a citywide hunt for one right now.
they've been out for a while as far as I know. all other RR3's I've seen are like $600-700. I really want one, just can't afford it right now. plus the pickguard looks so stupid, it shouldn't have one at all.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
Quote by mazohysthoney
they've been out for a while as far as I know. all other RR3's I've seen are like $600-700. I really want one, just can't afford it right now. plus the pickguard looks so stupid, it shouldn't have one at all.

As long as it's black.

Also ^^ I'm 5'11" and 120lbs, so I think I'm fine.
The pickups say Seymour Duncan, but I don' t know what model they are. The guitar looks good. I say go for it.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
I'm worried that every single site says it has Duncan Designs in it. Either they all have false information, or SD changed their shitty pickups to have the good logo.
Quote by breakstuff
The pickups say Seymour Duncan, but I don' t know what model they are. The guitar looks good. I say go for it.

JB + Jazz set.

That guitar looks pretty sweet. I'd totally buy it if it was an RR5.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
JB + Jazz set.

Source?
Quote by Sn^ke
Source?

Uh... I had one?

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Apr 3, 2008,
Not that I don't believe you, the pickups show that you're right, but I'd like to see a site that says something other than Designed.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
JB + Jazz set.

Thats whats on the RR3s, you sure they have the same pickups on the RR3 customs?
HI
Quote by StratPat
Thats whats on the RR3s, you sure they have the same pickups on the RR3 customs?

I just checked.

Those custom ones probably have the Duncan Designed that were in the old Rhoads.

They're kind of like Invaders if it's the same one.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
mmhhh i dont like the look of it - probably because it does have a floyd
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:
-Boss ME-50 Multi Effects

Quote by Ajax413
Pfft... I know a guy who didn't even masturbate until he was 18... now that's a late bloomer.
yeah if it had an FR id have bought it, but i do wish they didnt have a scratch plate, itd look so much nicer.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by metalface211
mmhhh i dont like the look of it - probably because it does have a floyd

But it doesn't.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
check out the one on americanmusical.com
looks better with the gold plate
gutiar is for old ppl dad
Quote by J rock
I like the look of it...
but an alder body and maple neck....

Well, 90% of lead guitarists would disagree with you there.

You'd be hard pressed to find many who DON'T use those woods in that exact combo.

Maybe you just had a bad experience with low quality wood? It's also a matter of taste, really.
looks sick with the gold hardware at americanmusical.com
ill have enough for it in about three weeks
Guys, PRE2006 they had Duncan Designed and chrome trem, now they have proper US Duncans and a black trem. If they're advertised with DDs it could either be a NOS model or a mistake. But both are out there.

Indeed the Duncans are JB+Jazz.
Hey guys I just bought 2 of these. The RR3 I picked up locally was all black with a liscenced floyd in it and the pick-ups are JB & Jazz. Sticker price was $650 CDN. That same day I also ordered from American Musical Supply the RR3 with the gold stripe, pick guard, string-thru design. It was an RR3 at $500 so I thought I was getting pretty much the same thing but without the trem and at a great price. Not so. It does not have the JB & Jazz in it but the "Duncan Designed" pick ups. That I can live with, but what really gets me is the much poorer build quality of the thing. Its the first guitar I've ever seen that did not have the neck put on straight!?!? Seriously, the neck is angled so that my high E, as you move up the neck, gets closer and closer to the edge of the fretboard. So by the time your around the 12th fret and higher your slipping off the edge. Totally fuk'd.
If your getting an RR3, make sure its in the $600+ range and with the JB/Jazz set as although they carry the same name, they're not built the same.
Attachments:
Copy of jackson_RR3.jpg
Copy of JACKSON-RR3_GOLD.jpg
Quote by Sn^ke
Old thread is old. I'm not getting an RR3. I bought a PS3 instead.

Imo, big waste of money. Instead of using for an instrument that you can get the full out of, you'r goingto be wasting your time on more games.
Quote by \Powerslave/
Imo, big waste of money. Instead of using for an instrument that you can get the full out of, you'r goingto be wasting your time on more games.

He has an RG570 which is arguably better
^ Doesn't look such a waste when it can play HD movies and stuff. HD players are gonna be aroun £300 when they first come out
Yeah dude I just bought myself one of these. Only without the pinstripe (does that make me a bad person) and with the tremolo. And it's a pretty good guitar man. Can't compare it to the more expensive one's, but for it's price range it's pretty decent. And as people have already stated, the RR3 has Duncan pickups.

Spidedit : Just saw your latest post. Blasphemer!!!
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Last edited by spider666 at May 1, 2008,
Quote by Sn^ke
On Zzounds.com, it says they have Duncan DESIGNED pickups, however the text on them shows they're not. So are they or aren't they? If they're the real deal I'm ready to go on a citywide hunt for one right now.

Its like saying a licensed floyd rose.

TS i like the rhoads alot and RR3s generally go for around 500 so its not a bargain but its a really good by for anyone who is just looking for another guitar. Bottom line: Its no custom shop but it still good.
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by DeanESPJackson
Hey guys I just bought 2 of these. The RR3 I picked up locally was all black with a liscenced floyd in it and the pick-ups are JB & Jazz. Sticker price was $650 CDN. That same day I also ordered from American Musical Supply the RR3 with the gold stripe, pick guard, string-thru design. It was an RR3 at $500 so I thought I was getting pretty much the same thing but without the trem and at a great price. Not so. It does not have the JB & Jazz in it but the "Duncan Designed" pick ups. That I can live with, but what really gets me is the much poorer build quality of the thing. Its the first guitar I've ever seen that did not have the neck put on straight!?!? Seriously, the neck is angled so that my high E, as you move up the neck, gets closer and closer to the edge of the fretboard. So by the time your around the 12th fret and higher your slipping off the edge. Totally fuk'd.
If your getting an RR3, make sure its in the $600+ range and with the JB/Jazz set as although they carry the same name, they're not built the same.

Seems the second is a limited model, never seen it before. For the neck tapering being wrong, it's a setup issue. It's a bolt on so you can easily reset the neck at the correct angle. It's a common issue and doesn't have much to do with quality, more quality control. It's possible it happened during shipping for instance. Just loosen the strings, unscrew the neck a little and pop it up back in place. If you don't know what you're doing DO leave it to a tech though seriously...
yeah true enough. I was just really please with my black RR3, then kinda pissed with the gold stripped one, being like that. Out of the 14 guitars I presently have, 11 are not bolt on so I was just surprised to see anything like that, but you're totally right Pott, it shouldn't be a big deal to adjust it.
i have a really limited budget for guitars and i know that with any of the problems it has is still gonna be a giant step up from the js series rr