I started playin bass because my friend and I always wanted a band. Now I play guitar too and we still want to start a band. I would preferably play bass. Anyway he has recorded a handful of guitar tracks that are great, but it seems like half his songs would be good instrumental and the other half need vocals cuz they are power chord driven pop punkish sounding songs, like he has two personalities. Well now, since good singers are hard to come by we kinda have decided we probably will be instrumental. First we are gonna have to get rid of those unfit songs. He knows a drummer he is gonna jam with that might be good or might not( he lives kinda far from me, since he moved). I thought that maybe we might just do 2 guitars or guitar and bass. I dont know which I should do though?? Anyway we are gonna work on developing our songs all this summer.... I just want to know what you guys think bout instrumental stuff (like explosions in the sky)???

We might try to find another guitarist or bassist that has the same idea in mind for our music, a drummer would be good too.

Looking for input, thanks
dang I wish i could be a part of that, you guys just live too far away

I think the instrumental idea is good, especially if you can't find a good singer. a bad singer can absolutely ruin a good song, although you probably don't want to do all instrumental stuff, cause that gets boring after a while. you say you want to sound like explosions in the sky? check out the song "into the night" on my profile. I've had a few people tell me that it sounds like them.
i got the same predicament, drummers are hard too come by also where im at

but instrument aint right w/o drums, unless its acoustic of course
ADD

Check out my self-recorded demos on my profile!!! C4C

Separation is an illusion.
Quote by samick007
dang I wish i could be a part of that, you guys just live too far away

I think the instrumental idea is good, especially if you can't find a good singer. a bad singer can absolutely ruin a good song, although you probably don't want to do all instrumental stuff, cause that gets boring after a while. you say you want to sound like explosions in the sky? check out the song "into the night" on my profile. I've had a few people tell me that it sounds like them.

Ya its hard to find peoople in area who share the same idea as me.

One of the things I am worried bout is as you said, a bad singer can ruin a good song or bad lyrics, both actually....

I'll check out that song of yours
i myself am in a Instrumental band resembling explosions in the sky... doing instrumental work is really a great thing if are a talented musicians and can find a fan bass that is intelligent enough to realize that a catchy tune is all there is too music. I do agree with guy before me in saying u need a drummer... while this can be done otherways.. like if u really cant find one .. u can just get programs that u program in the drums for recording purposes.... but live playing ur kinda screwed

you can check out my music at www.myspace.com/betweenthemoonandtide
Haha its just as hard to find intelligent people who appreciate instrumental stuff as it is to find a drummer.

But I think its possible to find both