so she has more number ones than elvis
and the ENTIRE EARTH is going to hell
i call BS
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Wow....

this is like yesterday, the top story on CNN, Yes, CNN was about Paris Hilton or some other ***** getting out of jail

CNN!
She does have boobs, and Elvis didn't get those until the 70's at least.
The Arctic Monkeys sold more copies of their debut album than The Beatles did, and I'm still pretty content with things
shes a popstar, dude.

whats the big deal if shes number one a lot
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Yea Dats My Girl Woooooooooo
Nighty Night keep your butthole tight
Quote by AlexiSinergy
I heard my mom talking to her friend about going to a ****ing dildo party!
Quote by COBHC6
so she has more number ones than elvis
and the ENTIRE EARTH is going to hell
i call BS

Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']So what? Even though I'm no fan, I can say that she's a great, beautiful singer.
yeah, but elvis was a much better singer, I dunno, it just seems like a big deal.
Seriously who cares?

She sings in a popular genre. So sue her for being good at what she does.
jeez exaggeration, hyperbole, w/e the **** you wanna call it. the world's obviously not really going to hell and i don't think this would make it either. i'm just saying its sad that someone like mariah carey making songs like 'touch my body' is beating out elvis and almost (and probably someday) the beatles. i don't even like elvis (though i love the beatles), but its hard not to see the innovations they made for music (also realizing black musicians were making music like elvis for a long time, but it didn't get popular till him) and mariah hasn't done **** for music and is putting out songs like 'touch my body'. wtf??
now, before you start flaming me, i'm not saying she doesn't have a good voice or anything, but i am saying she doesn't deserve that spot in the least bit.
____________________ ___________________
..............................................I have epic fail.........................................

Mariah Carey is actually pretty good. I like her songs...and im still a manly man.

There is music outside of rock ya know
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Big f*cking whoop. Some (extremely talented) broad got more number one hits than some overrated guy with swivel hips and more atherosclerosis than a 40-a-day smoker.

She deserves it.

I agree, Elvis isn't even that great.
Quote by slashNpage77
jeez exaggeration, hyperbole, w/e the **** you wanna call it. the world's obviously not really going to hell and i don't think this would make it either. i'm just saying its sad that someone like mariah carey making songs like 'touch my body' is beating out elvis and almost (and probably someday) the beatles. i don't even like elvis (though i love the beatles), but its hard not to see the innovations they made for music (also realizing black musicians were making music like elvis for a long time, but it didn't get popular till him) and mariah hasn't done **** for music and is putting out songs like 'touch my body'. wtf??
now, before you start flaming me, i'm not saying she doesn't have a good voice or anything, but i am saying she doesn't deserve that spot in the least bit.

I think you meant to say "also realizing that Elvis stole music from black musicians for a long time"

I see where you're coming from, but the music industry is different these days. It's not about good music, it's about singles.

Pop is all about writing singles and filler. That's it.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Big f*cking whoop. Some (extremely talented) broad got more number one hits than some overrated guy with swivel hips and more atherosclerosis than a 40-a-day smoker.

She deserves it.

you do realize that it won't be long before she overpasses the beatles as well. as i said, i don't even like elvis, but she does not remotely deserve this. she can sing and her songs may be catchy, but beyond that, they're nothing. if she overpasses the beatles, i might cry
alright, probably not, but oh well. this whole thread is probably (more like obviously) me just being cynical and tired of bad music. i'm sorry, i fail
..............................................I have epic fail.........................................

Quote by slashNpage77
she can sing and her songs may be catchy

And this separates her from The Beatles, how?
Quote by archangels666
I think you meant to say "also realizing that Elvis stole music from black musicians for a long time"

haha so true. but if it wasn't for him, it may never have gotten 'popular' (or it would have just taken longer) and who knows where we would be if that had happened.

Quote by The Spoon
And this separates her from The Beatles, how?

innovation, my friend, innovation

Quote by slashNpage77
you do realize that it won't be long before she overpasses the beatles as well. as i said, i don't even like elvis, but she does not remotely deserve this. she can sing and her songs may be catchy, but beyond that, they're nothing. if she overpasses the beatles, i might cry
alright, probably not, but oh well. this whole thread is probably (more like obviously) me just being cynical and tired of bad music. i'm sorry, i fail

You don't outsell Elvis or The Beatles if you release crap songs.

Mariah Carey is one of THE voices of the 90s alongside Celine Dion and Whitney Houston. They all deserve the success they ever get because they are talented as f*ck. When you sell as much records as those three, it isn't just "catchiness" that's done it. They tapped into something.
Because this is the worst thing happening in the world right now.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Chuck Berry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Elvis>maria carey

so i really dont give a ****.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)