what are the highest output passive pickups? I play mostly metal, any help would be appreciated.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
EMG!
DiMarzio.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Dimarzio X2N is one..

edit: and the Duncan Invader
Originally posted by Geetarbumb
I think your screwed ! You should quit guitar and take up the skin flute!
Ask Tim at BareKnuckles he will help you out and make it as loud as humanly possible
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Probably an X2N, but Gibson Dirty Fingers pickups and pretty much any kind of rail humbucker will get some huge output.
Others have already posted what I would've recommended. However...
Keep in mind there is a point past which you really don't need more output. Even moderate output pickups can do metal. The thing you should keep in mind is that higher output generally means less sustain, so remember that when looking at high-output pickups.
X2n, Dimebucker or Gibbo ceramics.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The Seymour Duncan Alternative 8 is probably the hottest off-the-shelf passive pickup you can get.
X2N, no contest. I owned one once, and it was face melting. Everything else is junk compared to the X2N.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece