Hi. Ive been playing guitar for about 8 months now and i want to get a new amp. Ive been playing on a modeller for my whole guitar career and im interested in getting a cube. I am in a band with a drummer and i want to be able to practice with him using a tube amp. I have probably a 1000$ budget, but remember i also will be mostly practicing in my room. I dont see any gigging in the next two months. Maybe in the summer who knows. I play metal, hard rock, heavy metal, stoner and thrash. Cleans are not that important to me as i probably wont be using them very often. Amps that can go to metal using a tubescreamer also recommended please.

Reminder that i probably wont be able to full blast a 30 watt or anything like that. Any suggestions are fine.
Quote by statixguitar53
when in doubt, buy an elephant testicle

GEAR:
Mesa F-50
Hagstrom Swede
ZVEX Fuzz Factory
Maybe if you save up a bit more, get an ENGL Screamer 50w and an attenuator ($1300 total, depending on attenuator)
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Mesa, a used rect-o-verb would be in your price range.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
Quote by guitaruboy
you don't really need to blast it for it to sound good, but i would suggest a marshall JCM2000 DSL50 or 100

You're probably not going to find a DSL50 for your price range, unless it's old and bruised and the seller's a complete moron!

Plus, it's way too loud for bedroom practice, even with the volume on 1!
O O

___