Page 1 of 5
Allow me tor ant for just a moment, as a high school student in the US, I'm accustomed to all sorts of things, emo's, goth's, gangster's, etc, but usually I can handle their verbal raping of the english language, but one thing I noticed coming from teens is the use of the word "gay" to insult anything that has either no gender or someone who's not actually gay. For ex.

"This class is gay."
"You're gay."
"Everything is gay."
"Your car is gay."

I'm no biologist... but I don't think anything other then a person could be gay, I mean, in the dictionary, gay is described as either being happy, or homosexual, so how could a car be gay? My car... well... my car has no gender It doesn't even move when I don't want it too.

So, someone tell me, did someone run out of insults halfway through their speech, or did they just not have any to begin with?
I dunno, but I think it's both incredibly ignorant and immature. Some people need to grow the hell up.
yea i hate it too. It shows lack of creativity and just downright lack of intellectuality. I lose a lot of respect for people who use that term.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
It's the lack of grammar skills people have. I always correct people who use 'gay' or 'retarded' as an insult. Also, when did 'gay' become a synonym for 'homosexual'? Didn't it mean happy?
Last edited by pwrmax at Apr 2, 2008,
I don't see it as anything to get angry over, though I feel it is overused and I don't employ it myself.
Quote by Hannakins
What else could I say?
Everyone is gay.

*looks at avatar*

oh i c wat u did thar.
when they started buttsekksing.

i can't believe i must sensor but-t-secks..
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Once (a few select, prominent) gay people decided that being a homosexual wasn't enough and that they had to be WAY annoyingly flamboyant and feminine and the gay stereotype was born was when it became an insult. When someone calls someone gay they are saying that they are like the stereotypical gay person, which I think is insulting.
Quote by mikea93
Gay= bad, sucks, stupid

Uhhh, no, that's not what it means.
L2searchbar.
but yeah, it pisses me off when people use "gay" as a general insult. but in my experiences, most people are idiots, so w/e.
the below is true
-----------------------
the above is false
I do believe the real question is when did douche or douche-bag become so widespread ?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
It's just another way of saying that something is a pain in the ass.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
It's just another one of those gay insults that requires no thought whatsoever.
Because homosexuality is still something that society in general shuns as different, and anything different from the norm can be used negatively. Of course, this may be different later on, but not at this current juncture.

It's just the slang to use right now, in a general sense. As long as one can ascertain the meaning of the use of the word, it will be used.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Apparently the search button is gay.

It's a passive insult in my school. No one says it out of anger, it's more used against a funny-yet-cheesy joke (yo mommas, puns.)
The person below me is probably a homosexual.
Quote by Awaken
I do believe the real question is when did douche or douche-bag become so widespread ?

Now, douche is a hilarious word, it sounds like something off that old adam West Batman show, BOOM, POW, KICK, DOUCHE!
it's just another cliche. an overused instance of figurative language. cuz when someone says a thing is gay, they are speaking figuratively. mean, albeit, but it's just like saying a class (course) is dumb - a course, which is a thing, has no ability to be dumb.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Hannakins
What else could I say?
Everyone is gay.

What else could I write?
I don't have the right.

All Apologies ftw.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Have you been living in a cave for the last 5 years?

Ooga boogah, me like fire.

What kind of question is that? And no, I don't know where that general use came from.
This thread's pretty gay.

Jeezus it's just a term for something stupid or unfavourable. Lots of words are twisted into insults. I don't hear many people object when others use the word "dumb" incorrectly.

"That's dumb"
"What do you mean? The situation I was talking about wasn't an entity, thus it can't be mute."

See what I mean?

I've come to the conclusion the sandy ****s who moan about the improper use of the word are closeted homosexuals themselves and can't handle it being repeated in their ear. I then spread mostly successful rumours regarding their sexuality.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Once (a few select, prominent) black people decided that being a african american wasn't enough and that they had to be WAY annoyingly flamboyant and proud of their culture and the black stereotype was born was when it became an insult. When someone calls someone black they are saying that they are like the stereotypical black person, which I think is insulting.

lets change homosexual to something like...... idk, black people. Now look at your pathetic excuse for an argument. Now do you see why you fail?
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
you people are gay
lolol, but srsly, its like another way of saying something sucks or someone is a a**.. ex:
Hes gay
Hes a a**

you can always substitute gay for fag : 0
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by Von.

Jeezus it's just a term for something stupid or unfavourable. Lots of words are twisted into insults. I don't hear many people object when others use the word "dumb" incorrectly.

"That's dumb"
"What do you mean? The situation I was talking about wasn't an entity, thus it can't be mute."

See what I mean?

I've come to the conclusion the sandy ****s who moan about the improper use of the word are closeted homosexuals themselves and can't handle it being repeated in their ear. I then spread mostly successful rumours regarding their sexuality.
Seriously. When was the last time someone got outraged over getting 'gyped?' That's derivative from gypsy.
Quote by Von.

"That's dumb"

See what I mean?

I've come to the conclusion the sandy ****s who moan about the improper use of the word are closeted homosexuals themselves and can't handle the word being repeated in their ear. I then spread mostly successful rumours regarding their sexuality.

Dumb is synonomous with the word stupid.

The thing is, that people can be offended by it.

No, but sense we are judging others, I believe people who use the word are only reverting people from their gayness to think another person is gay.
Quote by Flying Couch
Seriously. When was the last time someone got outraged over getting 'gyped?' That's derivative from gypsy.

Does anyone even use Gyped anymore?
Quote by bigz6006
The thing is, that people can be offended by it.

No, but sense we are judging others, I believe people who use the word are only reverting people from their gayness to think another person is gay.
Uh... I could not understand a word of that.
Quote by bigz6006
Does anyone even use Gyped anymore?
...yes. Jesus. Where have you been?
Quote by Fuzzbox91
lets change homosexual to something like...... idk, black people. Now look at your pathetic excuse for an argument. Now do you see why you fail?

Your reformation of the argument leads to the BET channel.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Quote by Flying Couch

I got suspended because my 8th grade math teacher was offended. (WTF? He's a rich Norwegian!)

Quote by Von.

"That's dumb"

See what I mean?

or maybe its the people who instead of accepting who they are and letting others be who they are, decide to accuse others of being gay to distract people from their own homosexuality.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Page 1 of 5