Hey, I'm doing a project on Jimi Hendrix, and I need to know how he influenced guitarists, rock music, and culture in general AFTER his death. In other words, what contributions he made that influence people from yesterday to today....

I came up with a few:

Use of effects - wah pedal, heavy distortion and feedback
Guitar playing - Blues, early forms of "shredding" (not really, but he was fast for that time)
Guitarists - Slash, Kirk Hammet, SRV
Stage presence - putting on an exciting show

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance...
Any good sources and what not is also greatly appreciated!!!!!
Why cant you people just hang out in the beginers forum. READ THE RULES ( i think it says not to write in caps lol)
^Well considering he has been here since 2004, I doubt he is a beginner. But....

*reported*

Search for the Hendrix thread...
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Quote by lukewhiteside
Why cant you people just hang out in the beginers forum. READ THE RULES ( i think it says not to write in caps lol)

why do you believe this belongs in the beginner forum? Are you mentally stable?

This is a good, solid thread with a real question.(which I don't know an answer to, sorry)
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
For guitarists, add Lenny Kravitz. Are You Gonna Go My Way is pretty much a Hendrix song. He was a big part in Blues-rock and psychodelic rock.
wow, everyone loves reporting anything and trying to feel superior...an no, i am not asking specifically about hendrix, i am asking about who he influenced. I'm sure that's in the hendrix thread, but that is much too broad a subject to sift through.

Thank you very much to whoever contributed! Lenny kravitz...how could i miss that!
"Am i mentaly stable", how dare you!
The reason i said that is because you should have posted in the Only Hendrex thread!

prince
Last edited by lukewhiteside at Apr 2, 2008,
Quote by lukewhiteside
"Am i mentaly stable", how dare you!
The reason i said that is because you should have posted in the Only Hendrex thread!

prince

1. Thank you, Prince is good
2. That wasn't me
3. I understand those threads, but many times questions get buried in those "Only blah blah thread ever..." thread, and people will skip over your question after awhile. They serve their purposes, but I am asking a slightly different question, and I have a legit reason instead of simple curiosity. Once again thank you for the input.
He was an early user of modulation effects, also. Univibes and Leslie Speakers. This is significant because every rocker had a Fuzz Face and a Vox wah back then, but Jimi had not only this, but a Univibe and an Octavia. Using 4 or 5 pedals was pretty crazy back then. Who knows what else he may have used in the studio.

As for guitarists... seriously, everyone that plays rock music, whether they know it or not.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Quote by vanceboy
i am not asking specifically about hendrix, i am asking about who he influenced. I'm sure that's in the hendrix thread, but that is much too broad a subject to sift through.!

Chris Duarte, Robin Trower, Frank Marino from Mahogany Rush, Vernon Reid from Living Colour, Stevie Ray Vaughan.