for years I have been using DR strings and lately i have noticed inconsistency in the strings. For example sometimes they feel different , or the intonation is not right anymore and it changes pack by pack. Anyone else have this problem so far i have talked to two guitarists and a bass player that noticed it.
and also any string recommendations would be helpful i would like to change brands
hey best strings ever are ernie ball strings they are consistant and sound good they also have a variety of gauges, many good guitarists use them such as slash,steve vai angus young and i love the sound i have been using them for 3 years with no problems
i tried ernie ball 9's ,10's and the hybrid ones i thought it sounded dull cause right after i put on a set of ghs that i had it was much brighter i also bought some gibson brite wires but have not put them on yet
check out ghs boomers, i use the 9's on my strat, there nice and mellow, not too sharp, i like a more mellow clean tone so yeah, there perfect for me!

They feel great too, check em out!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
thats what i have on my strat right now not bad so far, i read a couple of reviews that said the high e was hard to bend
boomers? hmmm *picks up guitar and plays some blues improv's with high e bends*

I'm not sure where you heard that but the high e seems to bend perfectly fine to me, there 9's keep that in mind, whoever told you this either had REALLY weak hands or there using like 13's (if they even make boomers in 13's)

They sound nice unplugged too, well rounded
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
it was a musicians friends reviews for ghs 9's im playing them now and it seems fine to me,very smooth playing strings so far
Quote by Sonicxlover
Side note: Please never trust online reviews unless their from a forum, like this one. Forums are the only places where you're gonna find people who actually know their stuff. Sites like musiciansfriend are absolutely terrible when it comes to objective opinions, they only have intelligent reviews when the price is like $1000+.

there's an answer about review's
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
thank you........and its true if you think about it.
i may go to a `10 gauge with the ghs boomers
the problem is i was using 11 gauge drs for years now with the boomers i put on the intonation is just a bit off
ouch, 11's on a strat? i can't stand even 10's on a strat ahaha, i love 9's, It's all personal preference though.

and happy early birthday too, i noticed it's tomorrow, and welcome to UG
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
11's in e flat though it was not as much tension , the problem is after a night of playing your hand hurts , and some say you lose speed with thicker strings but the tone is great
its funny 15 years ago i used boomers and switched fr some reason and here i am again using them on the first strat i ever put boomers on i guess just on big circle
yeah, I'll agree on that, i find the boomers tone makes up for the fact i use 9's
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
so far i have not plugged in just sitting here strumming a few chords and playing some licks and they have a very lively sound and powerful for not being plugged in
not any on my boomers yet

I remember i used to use the fender strings (don't remember which model) and i would always snap the 4th string playing 7 nation army (good ol' days, theres a recording in my profile of me a bunch of years ago playing it)

Then i switched over to elixirs because of the raging reviews about them.... CRAP!!!

I snapped the high e string i think 3 times? thought they were just defective... Then one day, i was strumming my strings with my foot while my guitar was on the stand, and i snapped my second string, i never even looked at a pair of elixirs again...

I also tried other strings, didn't like the feel though (d'addarios, uhm i think dr's not sure what else) until i went over to boomers

Haven't snapped one since, and I wail on them sometimes
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
i think they are a bit cheaper then drs so thats good , i have heard that give goo artificial harmonics also
I'm not sure, I haven't a'b compared them for artificial harmonics, never thought of doing that actually...

Well man, nice talking to you, i gotta get to bed, just finished a big presentation (i hate powerpoint)

Good Luck!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808