Are ESP's comparable to Ibanez or anything else? I'm looking at the viper ltd's, but there aren't many places that carry those around here so I'm a bit wary of buying one online.
ESPs are actually great. LTDs are a lower version of ESPs, but as long as the model is above their 400 series, you are fine. Those guitars are amazing. If you can actually afford an ESP then go for it. It definitely puts up a fight against Ibanez(my opinion through my experience)
ESPs are great guitars
Bennetts_strat
Registered confuser.

ESP are good but i liek Ibanez better,ESP really is not like Ibanez compotision Jackson is their rival so ive hear but i thinkESP beat Ibanez hands down if they are both stock,buddy has ESP ate my Ibanez with its stock Pups,got EMGs now hehe
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
I like ibanez far better except for their pickups. But once you upgrade the pickups and tremolo, the value, is way beyond ESP
Has anyone played or have a ltd viper 400 or ltd deluxe viper 1000? I'm curious about the weight, I can't find any specs.
Quote by pandafriedrice
Has anyone played or have a ltd viper 400 or ltd deluxe viper 1000? I'm curious about the weight, I can't find any specs.

I have the 1000 series, what do you want to know about the weight?
It is a wee bit neckheavy. A wide leather strap should fix that though.
I've played the Viper-400 through an Engl Powerball. It's a fcking riff machine much like my EC-1000, but it's a bit more comfortable with a little better fret access. I'd definitely go for it dude, they're worth every cent.
I was just curious if it was on the light or heavier side. My buddy's sg is light as a feather but I'm pretty sure all mahogany geetars vary in weight, but I'm just curious. Weight isn't that big of a factor.
Quote by pandafriedrice
I was just curious if it was on the light or heavier side. My buddy's sg is light as a feather but I'm pretty sure all mahogany geetars vary in weight, but I'm just curious. Weight isn't that big of a factor.

Just weighed it and mine weighs 8 pounds, if thats any help.