Ok, so I've been playing guitar for about 3 years on an ESP MH-250NT and have been pretty happy with it. It's a solid guitar and hasn't let me down playing live. But now it's time to move on, and I want to buy a new axe. My price range tops out at about $1,500, but let me explain the situation a little bit more.

I've narrowed it down to three brands, ESP, Ibanez and Jackson. I really want a shredding guitar, as I play mostly metal, hard rock, and grungy type stuff. An un-painted or un-finished neck is what I'm going for, because my current guitar's neck gets really sticky when playing live with sweaty hands. I'm also looking for a trem, preferably a Liscensed Floyd Rose or and OFR, and also stellar action.

I've heard great stuff about the Ibanez Prestige Series and also about the high end RG series, anybody playing those fiddles? As far as Jackson goes, I've been checking out the Kelly guitars and the higher-end Dinkys and Soloists, what can you tell of those? I've looked around at all of the local guitar shops within about 150 miles of here, and can't find either of these. haha that's what you get for living in Wyoming.

Thanks for the advice,
The Magickan
i have a painted neck on my ESP LTD M-400 and believe me, it never sticks, i have played deans with painted necks and hate it, shecters are the same way

but the neck is as slipery as the unfinished one on my ibanez and ESP bass

you may wanna try that, and all of my friends and my music production teacher who is a g-tar conessuer think the neck on this baby is butter, every one i know who has played it loves it instantly
Quote by The Magickan
Ok, so I've been playing guitar for about 3 years on an ESP MH-250NT and have been pretty happy with it. It's a solid guitar and hasn't let me down playing live. But now it's time to move on, and I want to buy a new axe. My price range tops out at about $1,500, but let me explain the situation a little bit more.

I've narrowed it down to three brands, ESP, Ibanez and Jackson. I really want a shredding guitar, as I play mostly metal, hard rock, and grungy type stuff. An un-painted or un-finished neck is what I'm going for, because my current guitar's neck gets really sticky when playing live with sweaty hands. I'm also looking for a trem, preferably a Liscensed Floyd Rose or and OFR, and also stellar action.

I've heard great stuff about the Ibanez Prestige Series and also about the high end RG series, anybody playing those fiddles? As far as Jackson goes, I've been checking out the Kelly guitars and the higher-end Dinkys and Soloists, what can you tell of those? I've looked around at all of the local guitar shops within about 150 miles of here, and can't find either of these. haha that's what you get for living in Wyoming.

Thanks for the advice,
The Magickan

ESP MII with a bolt-on neck and maple fretboard will run about 1500 exactly with the case and tax.