what would be 2 good pickups(ive heard something about 81/85 or whatever from EMG?) to put in my schecter gryphon? for that i would play mainly metal, and metalcore

and also i am planning to buy a HSS strat to play some pop punk stuff(blink-182 boys like girls etc) thats what my band plays and the schecter is a bit to heavy and not for the pop punk style. so what pickups should i put in that? i was thinking either Gibson Dirty Fingers, SH-5 seymour duncan custom, or SH-8 invader in the humbucker position.
and maybe some single suggestions as well? i heard that hotrails were good.

help? suggestions thx?
For the Gryphon, yeah, the EMG 81 and 85 ought to be your thing.

For the strat, I'd go with some Seymours, but I hate single coils, so I can't give specifics.
Quote by xfallchildx
becuz im a noob i have to ask. are the 81 and 85 active or passive? active means battery right?
Yes, they're active, with batteries and all.
Quote by xfallchildx
becuz im a noob i have to ask. are the 81 and 85 active or passive? active means battery right?

Pretty sure they're active and yeah, run on a battery.
Quote by xfallchildx
what would be 2 good pickups(ive heard something about 81/85 or whatever from EMG?) to put in my schecter gryphon? for that i would play mainly metal, and metalcore

and also i am planning to buy a HSS strat to play some pop punk stuff(blink-182 boys like girls etc) thats what my band plays and the schecter is a bit to heavy and not for the pop punk style. so what pickups should i put in that? i was thinking either Gibson Dirty Fingers, SH-5 seymour duncan custom, or SH-8 invader in the humbucker position.
and maybe some single suggestions as well? i heard that hotrails were good.

help? suggestions thx?

For the Gryphon I would suggest either the EMGs (81/85 or 85/85) or the good ol' Seymour Duncan JB/'59 combo. Duncan Blackouts are sweet too. I really don't know much about single coils, so I can't really help you there.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RGA121
Vetta II HD
Quote by xfallchildx
hmm ok how long do batteries usually last ? and how often should i replace?
No idea, sorry. I'm a passive humbucker guy, so I don't use those, either. I just know they work.
Quote by AbstractDeth7X
For the Gryphon I would suggest either the EMGs (81/85 or 85/85) or the good ol' Seymour Duncan JB/'59 combo. Duncan Blackouts are sweet too. I really don't know much about single coils, so I can't really help you there.

hmm what about the humbucker part? im getting a HSS. gibson dirty fingers? SD custom sh-5? fo pop punk
my dude eric has a Bill Lawrence dimebucker in his RG bridge

and it sounds good as fuukk

it has balls

and its a passive i'd get one

the pinch harmonics imo sound cleaner on it than my emgs
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by xfallchildx
hmm what about the humbucker part? im getting a HSS. gibson dirty fingers? SD custom sh-5? fo pop punk

Hmmm...I think I'd go Duncan JB or Invader for the humbucker and perhaps hot rails for the singles.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RGA121
Vetta II HD
Quote by xfallchildx
I missed the SSH bit... you might try a Dirty Fingers - it's a loud, obnoxious thing well suited for punk - but I'd be careful. I don't believe Gibson makes anything single-sized that'll fit a Strat, and from my experience, Gibson pickups don't mesh well with anything but other Gibson pickups - putting one with a SD might not sound too good. You need to pick some pickups that;ll go well together, unless you plan on only using the bridge.
Quote by NGMF-Sam
my dude eric has a Bill Lawrence dimebucker in his RG bridge

and it sounds good as fuukk

it has balls

and its a passive i'd get one

the pinch harmonics imo sound cleaner on it than my emgs

Now if he has the Bill Lawrence, then yes, it sounds awesome. Dimebucker does not. There is a HUGE difference.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Now if he has the Bill Lawrence, then yes, it sounds awesome. Dimebucker does not. There is a HUGE difference.

yeah its the bill lawrence

it owns the duncan one
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.