Page 1 of 2
So why didn't Will Smith just carry around a flash light all the time?

It seems logical and that it'd work...
Because the flash light would be knocked out his hand by 90+ pissed of mutant albinos.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
He had a flashlight taped to his gun....

Apparently it doesn't affect them.
I'm a person.
Well it's my understanding that's it wasn't light in general that harmed them, but UV light. A hand-held UV lamp would have been a good idea though...

edit: Yeah, Reaper got it...
cuz only the UV light hurt the freaks, plus it attracted attention to himself.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by sXe170
That movie, im sorry, was absolutely terrible. Worst dollar wasted.

Where do you live that movie tickets cost one dollar?
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
It's the UV rays from the sun that affects them. He tests it on the mutant that he captures.
Quote by PinkIsCool
He had a flashlight taped to his gun....

Apparently it doesn't affect them.

It should since the lights on that womans car hurt the zombie while Will was near death on the dock.

All the lights that he set up before the film, and turned on near the end before the suicide explosion seemed to burn them.
Quote by Thornography
It should since the lights on that womans car hurt the zombie while Will was near death on the dock.

All the lights that he set up before the film, and turned on near the end before the suicide explosion seemed to burn them.

Those were all UV lights, you see.
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Quote by theking182

Well if some woman can get UV lights on a car, and Will can set up a butt load of lights around a park, he can at least get a flashlight.
Quote by Thornography
Well if some woman can get UV lights on a car, and Will can set up a butt load of lights around a park, he can at least get a flashlight.

But they don't make UV lightbulbs that small
And if the Devil is 6,

Quote by Thornography

I think that they were UV lights.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

and the lights from the chick's car just suprised them

and let's think about your queestion:

I'm in a city filled with killer mutants
What do I do at night?

Answer:
carry around a flashlight that will show everyone where I am
Even UV light didn't like, blow them the **** up, it just hurt them.

I say he should have rigged the inside of his house with reallllly bright UV lights, EVERYWHERE inside. Then he could go to the basement and be completely fine.
Quote by urik
I think that they were UV lights.

Yes, urik, we already ESTABLISHED that fact. Don't be so slow next time, mmmkay?
And if the Devil is 6,

He would need a UV light flashlight
Another problem is that the light would only concentrate on one area, leaving his back and sides exposed to attack.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
So strap himself in a UV light generating suit powered by solar panels.

Someone ask me how to power the solar panels at night!!

*Someone asks*

With the UV flashlights!
Quote by Thornography
So strap himself in a UV light generating suit powered by solar panels.

Someone ask me how to power the solar panels at night!!

*Someone asks*

With the UV flashlights!

Hah.
But do you have ANY idea how heavy UV lights are??? He would be practically immobile!
And if the Devil is 6,

Quote by theking182
Yes, urik, we already ESTABLISHED that fact. Don't be so slow next time, mmmkay?

Well excuse me for clicking "quote" before anyone answered, going to another page, and then answering.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
Well excuse me for clicking "quote" before anyone answered, going to another page, and then answering.

...but that's exactly what I did. Just quicker
And if the Devil is 6,

the real problem with that movie was his defenses on his house. ne needed strunger metal shoulds on his windows and more weapons. he also should have added a specia lsecond set of uv lights all around his house and when he hit the panic switch they all turned on. essentially making his entire house a tanning bed which would make it impossible for the freaks to get in
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by theking182

On a car?
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
i think it would have to be a UV flashlight.

and lets face it... who has that kind of money... (even though he could have stolen one *if they make the*...)
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Imagine him running around with UV lights strapped to his back..Kinda like the video for Can't Stop. Oh that would bring teh lulz.
Quote by Bayonetwork
On a car?

Yup, on a car.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by sXe170
That movie, im sorry, was absolutely terrible. Worst dollar wasted.

the condom not used to make you was the worst dollor wasted, it was a really good movie up to the bob marely moment, seriosuly.
Well why the hell can't he just have a UV flashlight?! I'm with Thornography no this one. If someone can get UV lights for their car and he can get them for his house, then I'm sure he can get a damn flashlight. The movie's ludicrous.

OMGWTFBBQ
Quote by Bayonetwork
Well why the hell can't he just have a UV flashlight?! I'm with Thornography no this one. If someone can get UV lights for their car and he can get them for his house, then I'm sure he can get a damn flashlight. The movie's ludicrous.

*sigh*

You all want to know the real reason he didn't have a UV flashlight? Because it's a damned movie. Giving him a UV flashlight would have crippled the only legitimate threat in the movie, thus making it less entertaining. People need to stop over-analyzing things...
why not go on that warship, airlock doors, probly a maze so if something happens he can out smart them. also more wepons. a self sustained power source. if he finds out how to drive it, drive to the middle of the ocean and go to land only when needed.
SAM!!! I loved that dog! And you had to go and remind me of that! So uh... nice going... jerks.
Too many people own guitars. Someone had better go play a... clarinet or something.

:stickpoke

That means you.

Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
i once sneezed and a mushed up chip flew out my nose
needless to say i immediatly ate it
A UV flashlight would be kinda small to be effective, especially since he'd be fighting huuuge groups of them at night.
Who dat?
Will Smith : What're you doing here frank?!

Mannequin : Chicken sammich , arent you that dude from blockbuster?

*headshot*
Over my dead body , you nazi pirate bastard

Did you ever think about the fact that he's trapped on Manhattan Island? You guys expect him to pull a million UV lights out of his ass. I'm sure there's only so many of them scattered around that place. He probably got em all and used them for his home defense. Besides, all they do is burn em. It took that one creature about 6 seconds to die. That's 6 seconds to get the **** out of dodge for em. What's one little flashlight gonna do against a herd of em.
Quote by happytimeharry
*sigh*

You all want to know the real reason he didn't have a UV flashlight? Because it's a damned movie. Giving him a UV flashlight would have crippled the only legitimate threat in the movie, thus making it less entertaining. People need to stop over-analyzing things...

I guess I like my movies to be better thought out. I like movies that make total sense, like The Da Vinci Code...

OMGWTFBBQ
i still dont get how in the previews it said he was the last man alive in the world, but then randomly a lady and son show up, and then there turns out to be a village of people in vermont or w/e
Quote by Chungavelli
I know this Jewish guy who pierced his asshole.
I think him carrying an assault rifle was more effective than a flashlight anyway..
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Page 1 of 2