Ok, i was about to switch out my Epi LP Custom for a strat. My LP is fun to play but theres nothing wrong with it just that i like the feel of stratocasters better. I was gonna sell if for about 350 USD (sound about right?). I was going to buy an new amp first but after my dad saw my grades he said he wont let me buy a new amp until summer, but i can switch out guitars.

Ok I am looking for something with a maple neck and prefferably something with non-standard pups cuz i dont want to go through the hassle of switching out pups.

I play anything from blues and jazz to hard rock and grunge, but no metal. I'm not totally set on a strat so if anyone has other suggestions please go ahead.

My price range is $675 USD TOPS!! I was looking at mostly at the Fender Lite Ash strat, Jimmie Vaughan strat, and the Fender MIM Deluxe strat. I'm really torn between them even though i have only had the opportunity to play the deluxe and i really like it, or maybe i should stick with the LP a little longer? If any of you have any input that would be great. Thanx everyone
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
Since you like strats so much, go out and try them. You cant go wrong with the models you listed, so get out and try them, pick the one you like, and show us some pics .
^^i would go out a try as many as i could, but my local music store only has a MIM Deluxe and an John Mayer strat, but the John Mayer strat is well out of my price range. The next nearest guitar store is guitar center which is an hour and half from where i live.
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
Not sure if this makes any difference but I just purchased a lite ash tele and love it. I would imagine the strat would be in the same ballpark. I am not too familiar with the other options. A fourth option would be to save some cash and get a MIM strat and then mod it to your own preference...that may give you the best ability to pick it up, see what you don't like, and change it. Plus, you will have a unique guitar suited to your preference. The best option is obviously to get a tele though . All jokes aside I would consider trying to hitch a ride out to GC so you can at least try some other models out. Good luck and post some pics when/if you make the purchase!
~Nick
Sweet thanx for all the help, i wont be on until later tomarrow, keep em comin!
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
^ HSS? hmm ill think about that, but i dont think ill get the Floyd.
^^I was thinking tele for a while but i decided i like Tele's and all but i like the strats more

Thanx for the replies
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
Well for right now the only one of those i can try is the Deluxe, but i am going out of town this weekend so ill get a chance to try some more. and i have compared teles to strats back to back, but ill give them another shot.
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah