So I heard on Leno just now that some people came up with a way that you can talk into your phone and it'll write it down in text-message form. so essentially, you're sending a voice message to someone in writing, but you don't necessarily have to say anything directly to them.

Does anyone else find this completly idiotic? i mean, if you wanna say something to someone, wouldn't it be a whole lot easier just to call them than to talk into your phone so it can write a message for you? I just think the idea in itself is absolutely stupid.

discuss, please.
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Quote by Anarion614
The sad thing is, i'd totally use that feature.

+1........
Call me Jack
As I see it, the point of texting is that you can use it during school, a movie, or a meeting, where normally you couldn't talk.

But, if you are talking into it...

Maybe it's for people with ugly voices.
the sad thing is that theyre still paying leno.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
technology is making us fear any kind of intimate or dynamic interaction... soon we will all be completely socially inept

i know, that's what's so sad about this feature...
you don't by chance watch the show Boston Legal, do you? because the issue of technology making society socially inept was discussed on an episode a while back.
And if the Devil is 6,

Quote by dullsilver_mike
technology is making us fear any kind of intimate or dynamic interaction... soon we will all be completely socially inept

hit the nail on the head.
its a lot easier to take bad news, have hard conversations, or communicate in general when you don't have that dull awkward silence in the middle of someone going "uhhh" searching for the right response. its a lot easier to have an excuse available, "i'm typing"
It might be for the whole "texting while driving" issue. Instead of typing, you just say it.

That's my guess.
Quote by WGsimbaKG
It might be for the whole "texting while driving" issue. Instead of typing, you just say it.

That's my guess.

[insert demotivational pic here]

Me and my brother were driving in the car one time a few months back, he was texting while driving and almost crashed, and he remarked on how he wished there was "talk texting" and a few months later, what do you know?
that's what made the story stand out to me, btw...
And if the Devil is 6,

Yeah, my laptop can do that.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by Deliriumbassist
They've had voice recognition for years.

And sometimes you don't want to talk to the other person, or you've run out of minutes, and only have texts left. And sometimes, you just don't have hands.

GREAT LOL OF CHINA
haha i found that last part so funny how you said it
and im imagining a person with no hands struggling
Quote by MightyAl
There once was a UG'er from Saskatoon
Who asked the Pit to do his homework
So I wrote him a limerick about wanking
That doesn't rhyme
And isn't really about wanking anyway.
I can't help but you guys would be saying the same thing during the World Fair.

"What the hell is this glowing orb? What is wrong with the candle?"
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
umm NONE of you guys ever thought it might be more efficient? a text message physical file size will be much less than that of a voice message.
Ibanez RG350ex
Quote by bono_b
umm NONE of you guys ever thought it might be more efficient? a text message physical file size will be much less than that of a voice message.

That's Devil talk! Quick, someone help me with this torch and pitch fork! BURN THE WITCH!
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Zugunruhe
the sad thing is that theyre still paying leno.

Hell no you didn't!!
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Quote by InvaderTSN
What if the receiver is deaf? Then it might be useful.

That's the only good reason for it I'd say.

I feel the same way about cellphones in general.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
If the other person is busy at the moment it is preferable to leave a message.
I reckon it's a very good idea, as long as companies aren't adding too much onto the price of the phone for it. Text with price/time efficiency = win.
How about we just write full sentences and stop abbreviating. That's the real issue. It's the killing of language that is the problem. Nobody articulates.

I'd imagine that speaking would reduce the urge to abbreviate, but I don't speak to people, so the extent of text-speak in the real world is something I'm unaware of.

DEATH TO SMILEYS AND TEXT SPEAK! WHAT'S WRONG WITH A LETTER OR TAKING THE TIME TO TEXT IN FULL SENTENCES!!!!!!
Send them a letter or speak with them!

Quote by fleaflicker182
How about we just write full sentences and stop abbreviating. That's the real issue. It's the killing of language that is the problem. Nobody articulates.

I'd imagine that speaking would reduce the urge to abbreviate, but I don't speak to people, so the extent of text-speak in the real world is something I'm unaware of.

DEATH TO SMILEYS AND TEXT SPEAK! WHAT'S WRONG WITH A LETTER OR TAKING THE TIME TO TEXT IN FULL SENTENCES!!!!!!

I agree
./|\
(\o )=w==>
./ \

˙ᴥ˘
Text messages are disgusting.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by pangui
That's the only good reason for it I'd say.

hey......im pretty sure ive been to that place in your avatar.....yep 100 percent sure..

anyway, i think its a cool idea, i mean its kinda like a hands free device they have nowadays, but in australia theyve been thinking about banning handsfrees cos they still destract the driver for long amounts of time, this would be cheaper and would only take up like a minute or so
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I can't help but you guys would be saying the same thing during the World Fair.

"What the hell is this glowing orb? What is wrong with the candle?"

WHAT is this glowing orb you speak about.... ???? CANDLESSSSS forever!
If you are wondering what the world is coming to you should look up and see where it came from instead. A lot of freaky **** in the past I can tell you (I suppose you have a Bible, so look up in the places where the priest would probably not make speeches off, shows you how hypocritical a lot of christians actually are).
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.