I'm having problems making full barre chords on my guitar. Does anyone have any advice or do I just keep trying:

I have an acoustic guitar (w00t!?) and when I play barre chords one or two strings are always muted. (The higher strings.) I put my finger every which way but it doesn't really help. Also one of the strings will continually be unpressed cos it lands under my knuckle.

Are my fingers not strong enough or something? or is my neck too fat (just a thought)? It is a thick neck I'd say seeing as it's acoustic but I don't know what shape it would be.

(Cos I can just naturally cut my headstock off for a diagram view and stick it back on )

Thanks

Everything Can Be Beaten
just keep trying

it happens to everybody. don't worry, it'll come
Try to turn our finger a little more sideways?
If that makes sense to you.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Finger strength and technique my man. I've noticed that I roll my index finger a little so I'm not missing with the spot under my knuckle.
Nah dude nothing wrong with you it's really hard to do at first but then it comes naturally. What helped me was moving the tip of my finger up towards my head and that seemed to get the higher strings covered. Goodluck...just practice getting it in the right spot over and over.
yeah just keep trying, i was like that once
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her