I don't think I'm the only one on this (hopefully) but I was wondering if you have ever been at a show warming up or just playing in front of some friends and just play like **** compared to what you usually do. I try to relax and ignore everyone but I still seem all jittery and my playing gets sloppy. Anybody else ever go through this?
Quote by Cofflecakes
Quote by laurens666
Use the search button.
Thats the worst metal amp I've ever used...

lol
I used to. You'll get over it. Just do it more often, and it'll go better.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Quote by ltmusicman
I don't think I'm the only one on this (hopefully) but I was wondering if you have ever been at a show warming up or just playing in front of some friends and just play like **** compared to what you usually do. I try to relax and ignore everyone but I still seem all jittery and my playing gets sloppy. Anybody else ever go through this?

i have the same problem

but im kind a novice player anyway , ive always had stage fright

does this mean theres no cure?!
Over my dead body , you nazi pirate bastard

it used to happen to me more often, but not much now.

you'll get over it
Just keep doing it. You'll get over it eventually.
Don't You Talk to Billy Idol That Way.

Gear:
Epiphone Limited Ed. G-400 W/ Maestro Trem
Washburn WI14 Idol Series
Jasmine ES-31 Acoustic-Electric
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112
i practice my ass off!! so i know what im doing if i get distracted or so nervous that everything around me is a blur.

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.
I get real nervous when I'm playing around a smaller group, like 5 or 6. Bigger crowds are no problem, but those small ones make me sweat big time.
Yeah, it also happens every time I play in a music store.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
If you try topretend everyone isnt there then your going to overthink and screw up concentrating on playing. Just relax and if you mess up make a joke or laugh or something.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by Beware!Criminal

+1. At an independent music shop near me, I went to test out some pedals. I had to ask the guy to get me the pedals from behind the counter, and he plugged them all in for me, and then asked me what kind of guitar I had. I told him a tele, so he grabs an american deluxe ash tele off the wall (I have a MIM standard ) and he then grabs a tuner and gets it perfectly in tune! Keep in mind, this guy must have been 40 years old, and I'm 16! When he finally gave me the guitar after working his butt of for 15 minutes, I was nervous as hell because I had just planned to mess around with a few pedals, but this guy was acting like I was a pro musician! He even stood there after he handed me the guitar and got me all plugged in, just to watch me play Anyways, I was shaking and played like shit because I was so scared to play badly after a 40 year old music shop owner practically slaved over me. I just wanted him to hand me a few pedals and go to a different section of the store, but he slaved over me and watched me. I felt like crap. It was okay though, I bought a new strap and a few more cables so the guy didn't hate me
Quote by Beware!Criminal

There's like more 'pressure' there then at gigs, with all these holier than thou guitar fvcks about. Any other time you play, the majority of people listening will not be musicans, in most cases at least. You impress them when tuning your guitar.

You just always sound better when relaxed and enjoying what you are doing. I noticed a while back that when playing out, I was way more relaxed when playing covers. I thought about that and concluded that I figure if it sounds shiit, it ain't my fault, I didn't write it and because of that I can chill, because it ain't my junk that's getting judged.

So when I get the jitters, I tell myself I am playing covers when they are really my damn songs, and that helps. I bet that sounds kinda tapped, but it works to dissasociate myself a little and have fun. I love/hate playing in front of other people. But yeah, it gets better with time. Just don't beat yourself up if the first dozen times you are a mess.
I'm in a little jam group with a bassist and a guitarist, I play occasional guitar but mostly do some vocal percussion (beatboxing). It's amazing how people around my area get excited when I make even the most basic sounds with my mouth while going through a mic check.

When I see a guy playing guitar, I don't care how 'bad' he's doing. He's got balls enough to take his stuff out in public, and I respect the hell out of that.
All your base are belong to us.
It's normal for anyone to feel nervous when playing in front of a crowd for the first few times. Just have fun and interact with the crowd and you'll feel a lot better.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

i like to play with myself in front of people.

Seriously, you'll get over it eventually.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
yeah. i always get scared of messing up and ironically, that messes me up . My fingers get stiff and i can't play as smoothly.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
yeah. i always get scared of messing up and ironically, that messes me up . My fingers get stiff and i can't play as smoothly.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!