is it worth the extra $50 to go for the head/cab version rather then the combo ? any noticeable differences ?
no, other than the extra weight. theres absolutely no reason to get the head/cab other than to look cool. or if you just want the head to record or w/e.

the combo has speaker outs for bigger cabs, all in 4,8, and 16 ohms so you will be able to hook up a 4x12 as well as run the internal speaker. and for just bedroom practice or w/e you can just use the combo in itself

basically, just save the money and get the combo.
or just get the head, mix it up with another cab. For my b-day im getting the head and either 2 blackheart cabs or 1 single, better cab this amp is made to be modded.
thanks for the help. i was planning on buying the combo but i figured id check if theres any advantages of the head/cab version.
Quote by mikeyElite
is it worth the extra $50 to go for the head/cab version rather then the combo ? any noticeable differences ?

I was going to wait for the Handsome devil and I had the same question. I thought about it for a while and wondered about the possibility that the speaker in a separate cabinet would be more advantageous for a couple reasons. One is that the speaker in its own cabinet is closed back and ought to be tuned by design for the speaker more effectively than the open-back combo. The other reason I thought of is that, with the amplifier as a head, it would be protected from speaker vibration and give a cleaner tone with fewer preamp tube microphonics.

Those might be negligible considerations, but I was going to go for the head/cab for those reasons. I later decided to discard those worries and wound up getting an Ampeg combo.
ahh yeah one more reason to buy the head only, for modding purposes. i find that useless to me at the moment so i stick with the combo idea.