I own a super reverb right now and its really nice, but (to my surprise) it does seem to break up more than I want when its loud. And yes it's loud, but it could be a little louder in my opinion - I'd like it to be an option. Just curious if anyone knows what kind of outcome I would get from a twin reverb and an extension cab - possibly a marshall 4x12 - or if its even possible to run a 4x12 off a combo. Thanks for thoughts
it is if it has a jack for an extension speaker or are you trying to only use the speakers in the 4x12 cab? If the latter is the case then you just unplug your speaker to the amp and plug in the cabinet.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Oh and forgot to ask, if I added a 4x12 to the super would I maybe be able to get enough of a volume boost that I could turn the volume down on the amp and avoid some of the breakup? That way I would be able to skip the Twin all together.
Last edited by Zwiebel at Apr 3, 2008,
Quote by elchico04
it is if it has a jack for an extension speaker or are you trying to only use the speakers in the 4x12 cab? If the latter is the case then you just unplug your speaker to the amp and plug in the cabinet.

The super has two jacks on the back of it. One goes to the 4 speakers in the combo and the other is for an extension. Would this thing be able to pump enough juice to all 8 speakers at the same time?
If you get a twin, you will not need an extra cab. Your ears will bleed before you get to 8 on the volume. You could do it, but it would be crazy loud and really, really hard to move around.
Yeah, I'm sure it would be loud but I probably wouldnt keep it cranked. I was thinking the cab would kind of "spread" the sound better whether a 2x12 or 4x12. Plus all these guys run around using 100 watt heads, and I know its ridiculous but still. The twin is 85 watts, it seems like it would be a nice happy medium.
The Showman Reverb is the head version of the Twin Reverb. Some silverfaces are still quite affordable.
You won't need the cab. However, David Gilmour used 3 Twin Reverbs that were converted to heads in the 80s. You aren't playing arenas, so I don't think you'll need that.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Quote by mr_hankey
The Showman Reverb is the head version of the Twin Reverb. Some silverfaces are still quite affordable.

You can get, say, a silverface Bandmaster Reverb for $800 or so, from a shop. Less on Craigslist if you search long and carfully.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
You can get, say, a silverface Bandmaster Reverb for $800 or so, from a shop. Less on Craigslist if you search long and carfully.

Yeah, but Bandmasters don't have much headroom. I meant Showman Reverbs.

By the way, could you please measure the width of your Twin, just the chassis? I've got a Bassman 10 chassis, and I'm wondering if it will fit in a Twin cab (it is much wider than my blonde Bassman).
Right, being only 40 watts and all. My mistake; I thought he said he wanted more breakup from his amp, not less. In the interest of that, a 5751 in V1 might be an idea.

No problem. I'll measure it whenever I get back to Raleigh, I went on a short overnight trip. I feel like a silverface Twin is slightly wider than a silverface bassman, but my memory is poor.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
No problem. I'll measure it whenever I get back to Raleigh, I went on a short overnight trip. I feel like a silverface Twin is slightly wider than a silverface bassman, but my memory is poor.

That's right, but the 10 wider than the normal bassman (50).
Also, how heavy would you say it is? I've never lifted a Twin, and I'm just wondering whether it is 'too' heavy.

Quote by maiden_mexico
i dont think fender is very reputable with their heads...

I don't think you're right.
Last edited by mr_hankey at Apr 4, 2008,