Hey guys I need some help. A buddy wants to trade this guitar which I have no clue what model it is. I just know its a brownsville, which I from what I have seen there are very inexpensive guitars, but this one looks pretty nice. Or this epiphone strat like thing. Should I trade my epiphone gothic lp that I got for 80 bucks for one of these? Also, does anybody know what models these are? and has anybody ever played one?

Look Here for pics

http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk254/thejakestersnakester/
Attachments:
Brownsville%20neck.JPG
Last edited by jakeman4000 at Apr 3, 2008,
pictures would help alot

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
The Epiphone S series, Stratocaster copies are junk. Keep your Gothic.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The brownsville looks pretty sweet but I have to shrink the pic to the size of a stamp to post
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The Epiphone S series, Stratocaster copies are junk. Keep your Gothic.

+1.
Quote by jakeman4000
doing it right now .......

So let me get this straight... You asked us for advice even though you had no intention of listening to us?

I honestly think you should keep your guitar. If you want a Stratocaster, get a MIM at least.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.

Why don't just try it by yourself and see if you liked or not.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Is that the IS700?

It's probably a bit better than the Epiphone. But it's nothing great.

The maple cap looks like a bit like a photo-flame to me and the board looks really dry too.

If you like the guitar then by all means buy it.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
its a craiglist swap...thats why im not sure if i should trade or not? I asking you guys if you would trade the epi or not
If YOU like that guitar, then trade it. It's not a big loss if you like it right?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
i like it, but i wanna know a little more about it, I dont think it is a is700......Im trying to find out what model it is.....anybody know?