Yea, Im not to bummed though. I felt like i was holding the band back. They want to play hardcore/post-hardcore stuff, which i dont mind playing. But they wanted me to WRITE and SING songs, which i can do, just not hardcore/post-hardcore stuff. So now im ****ed. If we played covers of hardcore stuff, im in. but i cant write hardcore songs. Im mor classic rock/alternative/indie writer. What do i do now?
Quote by Dr. Patrick Hardy, president of Nu Pi Sigma chapter and principal at Ellis Arts Academy
“The purpose is to show that African-American men can do more than shoot people, rap and play basketball”

Start Your Day The John Mayer Way With Frosted Mayer Wheats
Move to St. Louis.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
This may sound crazy as all hell , but...maybe you could find other musicians with tastes that are similar to your own?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by terrencemaddox
This may sound crazy as all hell , but...maybe you could find other musicians with tastes that are similar to your own?

Easier said than done. I know very few, IF ANY musicians that ahve the same taste in music as me. Sucks more because my bass player is my best fried and we kinda relize we have different tastes in music. I have a drummer, but now i need a singer and bass player
Quote by Dr. Patrick Hardy, president of Nu Pi Sigma chapter and principal at Ellis Arts Academy
“The purpose is to show that African-American men can do more than shoot people, rap and play basketball”

You could look for musicians on a local forum or something. That's how we found a vocalist for my band.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Quote by SWENCE_32
Easier said than done. I know very few, IF ANY musicians that ahve the same taste in music as me. Sucks more because my bass player is my best fried and we kinda relize we have different tastes in music. I have a drummer, but now i need a singer and bass player

Go to open mic nights, singers are easier to find than people think. It works best if you find a good singer that is doing covers, because they're willing to do what you tell them to.

But seriously, try finding people who like Fela Kuti, Nina Simone, and Acid Mothers Temple. THAT is a challenge.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by SWENCE_32

This is very true.

Although, if you write the material you may be able to find others with talent that don't mind playing styles that aren't their favorite (if you haven't already tried). I play in a folk rock band and I hardly listen to anything similar to what we play.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by hippieboy444
didnt you say you sang?

sure i sing, just not well. id like to find someone with a decent voice. puberty ****ed me up in the vocal department

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Go to open mic nights, singers are easier to find than people think. It works best if you find a good singer that is doing covers, because they're willing to do what you tell them to.

But seriously, try finding people who like Fela Kuti, Nina Simone, and Acid Mothers Temple. THAT is a challenge.

No kidding. The funk-jazz quartet I was in broke up because everyone went to college, and I still have a year of high school. Try finding a drummer, bassist, and keyboardist, who want to, and are able to do Herbie Hancock, Freddie Hubbard, Radiohead, and hardcore swing. Not to mention Zappa.
Quote by kaptkegan
No kidding. The funk-jazz quartet I was in broke up because everyone went to college, and I still have a year of high school. Try finding a drummer, bassist, and keyboardist, who want to, and are able to do Herbie Hancock, Freddie Hubbard, Radiohead, and hardcore swing. Not to mention Zappa.

That is one of the reasons why I haven't done anything with other people in a long time. Either, I can't find people who are interested in doing what I want to do, or they aren't capable of doing it. TS has it easy, he just has to find people who like indie/alternative/classic rock.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by SWENCE_32
Yea, Im not to bummed though. I felt like i was holding the band back. They want to play hardcore/post-hardcore stuff, which i dont mind playing. But they wanted me to WRITE and SING songs, which i can do, just not hardcore/post-hardcore stuff. So now im ****ed. If we played covers of hardcore stuff, im in. but i cant write hardcore songs. Im mor classic rock/alternative/indie writer. What do i do now?

dude, post hardcore isnt that hard to write, just keep a thought in mind and discribe it in great detail, thats what i do atleast, if you feel like it, you can read some, i suggest "we still await" its in my sig, check it out.

sorry for that plug.

anyway, you can play some hardcore stuff with other kinds of lyrics, look at the descendents, they have more poppy lyrics, but they pull off hardcore punk. just try it.
Write some songs, play them at some small gigs or wherever. The musicians will come.