No attenuators please.

I was wondering what low wattage amps would be prefereble for my situation. Im in a band but i usually play by myself. I wouldnt mind bringing the amp if its not too heavy. I was just wondering if 5-15 Watts of tube can get over a drummer. I dont need much head room, and i wont be playing cleans.

I play metal, rock, hard rock, heavy metal, you get the idea. Looking to spend less than 1000.

If it can do the above genres with a tube screamer please say it as well.
Quote by statixguitar53
when in doubt, buy an elephant testicle

GEAR:
Mesa F-50
Hagstrom Swede
ZVEX Fuzz Factory
Maybe a Epiphone So cal head and cab, with an OD?
You might just need to try some amps out in a store soon to find what suits you best.
i heard those little blackhearts can just play with drums, you would need a pedal tho for playing metal
Search bar!

Peavey Mini Colossal. It's a 5 watt monster.

You could also check out the Randall RM20.

It runs on that modular system so you can swap out and get as many tones as you want and it's 15 watts.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You could also check out the Randall RM20.

It runs on that modular system so you can swap out and get as many tones as you want and it's 15 watts.

I've always been curious about those, just not $900 curious...

Anyways, a Laney LC15R can do metal with a good OD. I only recommend it, if you can find one used, because they're kind of pricey (due to them being imported from the UK).
Try the ENGL Thunder 50 watt head. It is made for metal, and I know you don't really want a loud head, but you never now when you won't need it.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
You could try the Krank Revolution Jr. 20watt mini stack.
Its great 4 metal and at around £500 its a bargain.

As to whether it will be heard over your drummer, it really depends on how aggressive your drummer is, it should be fine, however you may have to crank it a fair bit
Quote by T!AN
I've always been curious about those, just not $900 curious...

Anyways, a Laney LC15R can do metal with a good OD. I only recommend it, if you can find one used, because they're kind of pricey (due to them being imported from the UK).

The RM20 is like 500 bucks though.

I might splurge and take a dive.

^ I've heard good things about the Rev Jr. You should check that out too TS.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Kurapica
Peavey Royal 8 perhaps?

Meh, the drive is pretty crappy on those things and they can't really do br00talz alone.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
You can get Laney LC15's on eBay right now for about £170 brand new. Check out the UK eBay site to see how much postage would cost.
alright thanks. So the Laney can reach Metal heavy metal high gain territories by itself?
Quote by statixguitar53
when in doubt, buy an elephant testicle

GEAR:
Mesa F-50
Hagstrom Swede
ZVEX Fuzz Factory
Quote by nathanma93
alright thanks. So the Laney can reach Metal heavy metal high gain territories by itself?

The LC will nail some hard rock (and maybe older thrash), but not metal on its own.
I dunno how much they are in the US but Orange Tiny Terror's kill at metal and can easily get over a drummer.