I posted a thread in here a month or two ago about our drummer.

His problems are still unsolved. Every time I try to make a chord progression to play with his drums he either changes tempo or does some crazy fill that makes my brain kind of fart. Plus, our bassist is horrible. We still have no singer either. We aren't really going anywhere at all.

But the main problem is this: Playing with these guys is boooooring. They're all really cool dudes, don't get me wrong, but I just don't really have fun playing with them. I don't know why. We just have no chemistry at all and it doesn't feel right.

This thread's kinda pointless I guess, but I needed to tell somebody. And UG has always been there!

To make it not spam however, what should I do? Should I just go ahead and leave and find new people to jam with, or stick with ours? We have next to no talent around the area that I live, and lots of people that do play instruments have horrible music taste in my city.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
i think you shouldn't leave without a plan. decide what your going to do if you leave.
do u a) have a band that you could join in the area?
b) want to start a solo project?
A) Not one that I know of that has a free slot...all the bands that I know of already have guitarists.

B) I don't really think I'd be interested in a solo project. It just doesn't sound like it'd be my thing.

But I think I'd rather be in no band at all than be in one where my riffs feel like work instead of fun.

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
I would just play with other people at the same time. There's no "One Band Per Person" rule. I've played in a couple at once. It'll b especially easy for u since that one sucks and you don't have to do much to stay on par w/ them.
chemistry is very important. Drummers like that go absolutely nowhere and only serve to hold people back. I say ditch them
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
i think you should stick with the band, but change things up a bit.

but if you quit, i'd reccommend learning another instrument as well as guitar so it increase your chance of finding a new band.
Quote by AwesomeDrummer
i think you should stick with the band, but change things up a bit.

but if you quit, i'd reccommend learning another instrument as well as guitar so it increase your chance of finding a new band.

Thanks. If it counts as an instrument, I can sing decently, and I can scream pretty well without pain. I just would have to improve one or both of these to be the main vocalist of a band.

Or I could learn how to play bass.

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
I know how you feel, sort of, and remember that other thread.
The problem I'm having is, I'm the only one who really cares, who's really willing to study and practice to make it work, and I don't know anyone else who plays instruments, it's really a pain in the ass.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
well if your band is looking for a singer why dont you do the singing? if your not really going anywhere it would be good practice for your voice for when you guys do get serious/u find another band plus makes you more employable by other bands for want of a better word
Quote by Thebiz
Thanks. If it counts as an instrument, I can sing decently, and I can scream pretty well without pain. I just would have to improve one or both of these to be the main vocalist of a band.

Vocals is one of the hardest things to do because you are using your actual body as an instrument.

Playing bass and/or trying to improve your vocals (for which I strongly recommend a vocal coach) is a good step. That way you have some back-up skills. When people need you, you can come to their aid. In such a way you will build up a reputation and you start networking.
Quote by Thebiz
what should I do?

Refer to the old musicians addage, 'If it ain't fun and you ain't earning a living off it, there's no point in doing it.'
Music should be fun, or profitable, or hopefully both. If you're in a band that you really don't wanna be in, then you're wasting your time, time that could be better spent doing something fun and productive.
Quote by Thebiz
We still have no singer either.
Quote by Thebiz

Start singing in your band. Even if you wind up quiting in a month, at least you'll have some experience.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Well it really sounds like you're in a shitty situation. I was in a similar situation back in high school. I was in a band in 10th grade who I wasn't really getting along with, the only one I didn't have a problem with was the drummer. So i quit at the end of 10th grade and didn't have a band the rest of high school, but it didn't make a difference to me. In 12th grade I began to jam again with the drummer from my old band and a new bass player who is phenominal. But we pretty much just jammed in the drummers basement for fun like once a month or every few weeks. We'd get really blazed and jam for a few hours, all improv, or riffs and stuff we knew based on songs. We played a couple of Phish songs all the way through a couple of times, like Bathtub Gin and Wolfman's Brother. This was great for me though, because I wasn't really looking to commit to a band, and I don't think these guys were either... so I ended up having great fun when we jammed.

So all in all, I'd say leave, as it really looks like you're at odds with everyone in your band, and thats clearly no fun. Doesn't matter if you don't have a back up plan or another band waiting in the wings, there will always be people to play with. If you're gut is telling you to leave, then leave.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Quote by element4433
Start singing in your band. Even if you wind up quiting in a month, at least you'll have some experience.

I was planning on doing that. We don't have a second guitarist but I'm sure we could find somebody. I can scream a lot better than I can sing, but I'll try to do both as long as I'm with them.

In truth I've always wanted to sing/scream in a band. The only problem is I have no mic setup and I don't know where to start buying.
Mic to a bass amp. There's $20 mic, stand and cable packs out there, not the best quality but it will get the job done for now
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Mic to a bass amp. There's $20 mic, stand and cable packs out there, not the best quality but it will get the job done for now

I don't have a bass amp...but I see what you're saying. Thanks for the help.

Any other recommendations for singing stuff b4 I purchase anything?
Sometimes you just need to jam some cover songs to put the fun back in. It encourages everyone to improve aswell.
yeh, i say continue, but seeing as he isnt really commited and things arnt rock solid, just dont take it too seriously. keep looking for another band to have as ayour main band, and keep him as a jamming partner sort of thing