im planning to start playing the electric guitar, i dont have too much money to spend on my first set up so i have come up with the following.

Epi G-310 and Roland Microcube.

is this a good combo to practice and learn guitar on? also what else do i need other than the guitar and the amp?

thanx in advance
cables, picks strings, any pedals if you want them...thats about all i can think a beginner needs

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
like metallicafan said a cable to hook up your guitar, picks, strings, but i would advise to not get a pedal yet. the microcube is a great beginning amp it has some effects built in it. but getting a pedal when your just starting off wouldnt be good.(wouldnt sound too good through a small practice amp either)
Send me off to bed forevermore.
^ didnt think about that, having that my starter setup was a no name brand amp+guitar combo for 100 and sounded like **** :P:

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
I realy don't see the point in pedals. I think I would only use a reverb pedal for recording and playing in smaller places. (But it's already on my amp) Also, if you can't get good distortion off your amp, consider a distortion pedal.
thanx guys ill keep the pedal thing in mind, so what do you guys think about the guitar? is it a good choice for beginners? too much or too little?
Don't forget a tuner, unless you have a well-trained ear. And get some cleaning stuff (Lemon oil and guitar polish, I'd recommend Dunlop 65, personally, but any will do), as I know from experience that Epis have filthy (and I mean properly filthy) fretboards when they leave the factory. The G310 is a perfectly reasonable guitar, but as always, it'd probably be worth saving up a little more for the G400.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.