thanks alot man, imma go get the switch now and wire it up later tonite.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by xdeathxcorex
why would you do this? sorry i just dont understand why

The 18v mod changes the characteristics of the pickups so you can tell a pretty big difference. The 18v mod gives them more of a high output passive feel. Doing this is basically like having 4 different pickups in your guitar.

Bridge 9v or 18v
Neck 9v or 18v

Example sometimes i like to chug using the 9v setting but pop into 18v for leads. Or do my clean stuff in 18v and my metal in 18v. Its all there at the flick of a switch.

Its basically giving you the ability to have more versatility. Plan and simple.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Apr 3, 2008,
Quote by macaroni
thanks alot man, imma go get the switch now and wire it up later tonite.

Also there is slight pop when you switch voltages. When playing in the gain channel you can barely hear it especially while playing. But on the clean channel it will be noticeable. So i usually turn my volume down/off on the pickup and then make the switch if im playing clean. For the metal channel strum the guitar and make your switch or you can turn the pickup down first your choice. Its basically like your unplugging your guitar and plugging it back in again really quick because of the slight connection lose and voltage change.

And theres not a way to get rid of the pop without some type of buffering circuit which i dont have the room or the time for lol

So fair warning didn't want it to scare ya
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Apr 3, 2008,
Are there some sound samples around to hear the difference between 9 & 18v? I'm curious how it sounds.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by Ventor
Are there some sound samples around to hear the difference between 9 & 18v? I'm curious how it sounds.

Yea do a search for 18v and look for the one with the most posts.. There is a guy that put some clips up in there.
you should add an led so you can see how much juice is left in the batteries. thats what i'm going to do with mine.
Quote by noisefarmer
you should add an led so you can see how much juice is left in the batteries. thats what i'm going to do with mine.

You know what I totally forgot about that lol... Thanks for reminding me..