Well, after filling in an army interest form I've been asked to go see someone for an interview, but I'm wondering what kind of dress code we're talking here. The government aspect makes me think shirt and tie, but the fact that as far as I'm aware, it's only a careers advice thing, makes me think a shirt and tie would be somewhat overdressing.

Anyone been to one of these before, and/or can help me out?
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

I havent but ive often thought about a career in the military if my IT career doesnt go to plan.

Make an impression, dress smart, firm handshake and talk clear and think about everything before you speak.
Just dont dress like a tramp dude, this is not a job interview so it wont be as formal. Go casual.
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
Don't join the army. I'd rather not spend my taxes on arming you to blow **** up.

A career in the army is an indication of failure at life.

Unless you're the Chancellor, you don't spend taxes.
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
No, I just give him them to spend on defence.

Rubbish. he singles out your taxes and uses them to pay for toilet roll in the Commons.
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
Don't join the army. I'd rather not spend my taxes on arming you to blow **** up.

A career in the army is an indication of failure at life.

pssh, have a little respect. these guys have got more guts than you'll ever have. the army is a place you go to learn as well as serve. go hug some trees
Quote by Def
pssh, have a little respect. these guys have got more guts than you'll ever have. the army is a place you go to learn as well as serve. go hug some trees

LOL the army is nothing to do with guts. Modern warfare is hardly head on. Learn what? Tactics on how to help defeat another country by murdering citizens, well sorry for not supporting murder. What has the environment got to do with this? You have your issues mixed up. If I wanted to be a marionette and take orders most of my life, I'd join the army. But, seeing as though I live life on my terms and have my own brain, instead of being controlled via uniformity and taught conformity, I'll think again.
Quote by Def

NO they dont. They will by their own will try to get the most horrifying experiences the human race has ever made. And might end up with some psychological problems that are no fun to either fix or live with.

I will recomend going in nuthin(butt naked if that wasnt clair) but a shoppingcart full of fishguts and a stuffed panda bear on your head..... backwards.
Stuff:VOX AD50VT
Gibson SG faded
Old steelstringed calssic
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well aren't you the ignorant asshat?
If it's only careers advice, I'd say go with jeans and a nice shirt. It's not as if you need to create a good impression in order to get a job.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
alot of people go in the army to learn a trade. they learn to fly helicopters or engineering skills or things like that. and not meaning to steriotype but for alot of your typical high school drops outs this might be a good thing for them to learn.
you could go with your lower intestines hanging out and with pissed pants because thats how many end up in Afghanistan/Iraq. They are desperate for recruits so they will try and enrol you...maybe go to a proper careers adviser rather than them.
Quote by Def
alot of people go in the army to learn a trade. they learn to fly helicopters or engineering skills or things like that. and not meaning to steriotype but for alot of your typical high school drops outs this might be a good thing for them to learn.

I'm looking at studying a MEng at university before becoming an officer (not soldier) in the army, I'm not a drop out.

Quote by JamieB
I'm looking at studying a MEng at university before becoming an officer (not soldier) in the army, I'm not a drop out.

I'm looking at joining the engineering core after finishing my MEng in Electrical Engineering which I start next year. I was just steriotyping what people thing your average solider is like, will the army sponsor you to do your degree ?
Quote by Def
I'm looking at joining the engineering core after finishing my MEng in Electrical Engineering which I start next year. I was just steriotyping what people thing your average solider is like, will the army sponsor you to do your degree ?

That's what I'm hoping for. I'm not completely set on it yet though, in fact I think it's unlikely to happen, but you never know.

Quote by JamieB
That's what I'm hoping for. I'm not completely set on it yet though, in fact I think it's unlikely to happen, but you never know.

Hey JamieB!

Long time, no spam.
If you think there's even the slightest possibility, dress for success.

Long sleeve dress shirt, tie, trousers, and SHINED shoes.

A little casual like Dockers for the trousers would be fine and dandy.
Look sharp and get noticed. If you are overdressed, not a big deal.
But underdressed hurts your chances.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Adam_Harrison9

A career in the army is an indication of failure at life. And seeing as you list Anti-flag in your favourite bands, I find it rather...weird?

I think somebody doesnt know very much.
Quote by Adam_Harrison9

A career in the army is an indication of failure at life. And seeing as you list Anti-flag in your favourite bands, I find it rather...weird?

Listening to Anti-flag is more of a failure at life than joining the army.

Dress 'smart-casual'. Just jeans and a shirt or something like that. It's not like its a job interview but you don't want to look like a tramp...
If you're going to want the Army to fund your further education, then I'd go with a smart pair of jeans/trousers, collared shirt and a pullover. Doesn't make you look like you've just got out of bed and will give a positive impression.
Wear a suit with the collar undone and no tie. and no jacket. That's smart/casual, which is probably good enough.

Or be a real man and go in wearing pink bikini briefs and a tight t shirt to show your ripped muscles.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Wear a suit with the collar undone and no tie. and no jacket. That's smart/casual, which is probably good enough.

Or be a real man and go in wearing pink bikini briefs and a tight t shirt to show your ripped muscles.

So trousers and a shirt?
Yeah, that'd work. I suggest blue, it implies conservatism, which those people like. It's also modern without being TOO modern.
Dress smartly if you intend on becoming an officer.
...Bleep Bloop...