View poll results: Should it?
Yes
62 32%
No
130 68%
Voters: 192.
Page 1 of 3
Should birth control be applied?

I think a 3 kids per couple limit would be cool . I think it would be easy to implement, as well.
Last edited by frusciante.ve at Apr 3, 2008,
I think it depends.

If people genuinly want children then no, if the world continues to increase in population at the current rate then maybe in 20 years something will need to be done.

Isnt something like this already in place in china?

10,000 babies go 'missing' each year?
Quote by frusciante.ve
I think a 3 kids per couple limit would be cool. I think it would be easy to implement, as well.

Depends where you live, it would be stupid in most of the Western world where populations are aging and fertility levels are low. Not to mention the moral considerations...

From a policy perspective, I doubt it would be easy to implement as a straight 'ban', some sort of disincentive programme like China has may work.
what's born control?
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
Quote by GooseMcShred
what's born control?

limiting the number of kids a couple can have
Call me Trey.
yes, but 2 not 3. ive got figures around here somewheres...
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by GooseMcShred
what's born control?

It's Venezualen for birth control.

(If I spelt that wrong.. oh the irony)

Quote by rizo299
Welcome to china
been there. they dont have too much of a population shortage.
figures.

if fertility was limited to 2 children per woman, the human population would be down to 1.6 billion in 2100 and about 500 million by 2150. sauce: vienna institute of demography, austrian academy of sciences.

that leaves a lot more room for the rest of us.
'Born control' sounds like a hardcore band. Do you need some guitar monkey to tell you the proper term?

edit: sorry, didn't realize that you might not be a native english speaker.
Last edited by Straplocks at Apr 3, 2008,
What would happen if you had quadruplets? How do you choose which one gets the sack, brick and river treatment?
Quote by Zugunruhe
figures.

if fertility was limited to 2 children per woman, the human population would be down to 1.6 billion in 2100 and about 500 million by 2150. sauce: vienna institute of demography, austrian academy of sciences.

that leaves a lot more room for the rest of us.

And the population of Western Europe would barely exist...
Edit: Ouch that would destroy economies too! We'd need lots of robots!
Last edited by Kiwi Ace at Apr 3, 2008,
No, that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. If someone has a fourth, what are you going to do? Throw it in the river? Give it to someone else?
Quote by Kiwi Ace
And the population of Western Europe would barely exist...
Edit: Ouch that would destroy economies too! We'd need lots of robots!
western europe is developed. i doubt most of it has more than three children per woman anyway. and the economy would scale down as the human population was reduced. if you only have to make cars for 500 million people, you dont have to make as many cars, and you dont need as many people making cars.

and we would all have twelve times the room.
Maybe if mormons didn't think that they have to have tons of babies to get into heaven population wouldn't be an issue. Also, if all those Indians and Chinese stopped reproducing so much the population wouldn't be such an issue. Also, if people actually used birth control the population wouldn't be such an issue. Let's all live like in the book, Brave New World!
./|\
(\o )=w==>
./ \

˙ᴥ˘
Quote by Zugunruhe
western europe is developed. i doubt most of it has more than three children per woman anyway. and the economy would scale down as the human population was reduced. if you only have to make cars for 500 million people, you dont have to make as many cars, and you dont need as many people making cars.

Yea, but the last thing you would want to do in the West is discourage having children. It wouldn't work like that, you would lose economies of scale and have horrendously high labour costs. It would be hard to produce very much at all. Not to mention, most of that population would be in the Western world and would be old, someone has to pay for lots of old people... However, I broadly agree there is merit in slowing population growth developing countries.
Quote by Sevenfoldizm
This isn't a chinese democracy here. It would be a major invasion of rights.

You don't have a right to a child.
Quote by chubbychunks
You don't have a right to a child.

So now the Government is going to tell me what i can eat and what i can't?
I can't see how it would be implemented but it sounds like a good idea.

I mean this country is ridiculously overpopulated and I don't mean to be racist but it's often Middle-Eastern or African families that come over and have 5+ kids.
I'm going to have four children, just to spite you. Fascist.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by frusciante.ve
Should birth control be applied?

I think a 3 kids per couple limit would be cool . I think it would be easy to implement, as well.

No... It's a violation of our rights.
I think they should limit the amount of babies unatractive people can have, other than that its sick and wrong
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
Naw, civil liberties baby. Although I DO think that, if these fucking idiots don't realize that we're crowding the planet and start having less children, then we won't last very much longer.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Naw, civil liberties baby. Although I DO think that, if these fucking idiots don't realize that we're crowding the planet and start having less children, then we won't last very much longer.

Yes but i'd rather die free than to live restricted...
Quote by pwnerer
Yes but i'd rather die free than to live restricted...

Umm...were you disagreeing or agreeing with me?
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Zugunruhe

Population in Western Europe is already decreasing.

That's why retirement age is increasing and pensions are decreasing.

And they're also getting foreign workers from Eastern Europe to replace the shortage of workers already (hello purpose of EU expansion).

Also, don't families drown their female babies in China because they want a male child (so they can help with work)?
They should make potential parents do tests to decide wether their allowed to have kids, that would hopefully stop idiots from breeding. Although for that to work they would also have to reversibly steralize all kids at birth
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by faultyy
They should make potential parents do tests to decide wether their allowed to have kids, that would hopefully stop idiots from breeding. Although for that to work they would also have to reversibly steralize all kids at birth

The human population would be extinct by 2050.
This reminds me of a book called Among the Hidden. Basically it was about a country where the government completely controlled your life, including how many children you could have (which was 2). It centered around a kid who was a third child, and his life was basically a living hell. He couldn't go outside or make noise. If he was caught by the government he would be shot.
I am a relativist. That should sum up my opinion on this matter.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
Not counting the family on welfare that seems to have about 10 kids that every community seems to have, I'd say no.
Well if we did make a child limit, then we'd be like China, and China are the second mot hated country on Earth at the moment, the first being America. But, then again, there are far to many people on this planet and I would like to find a way of seriously reducing the population; ugh, it seems like it will have to be genocide.

I'm planning to rid the world of fat people, stupid people and vegetarians; that will free up much space.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Page 1 of 3