Well my nan came over the other week and gave me a Guitar, it an electric and its brand is SAKAI, anyway as far as i can see it is a imitation of a Gibson SG. i went to a guitar expert and he said if i was to get new pick-ups to replace the old pick-ups then it would be a good idea to get GIBSON SG pick ups.

1. I want to know where to get these pick-ups ( are they rare)

2. i also want to know what type of money is needed to buy the GIBSON SG's pick-ups

3. or should i just stick with the basic ones i have
Well, pickups won't change your sound overmuch. Not unless you already have a really good amp.

Burstbuckers are used in some Gibsons, have a look at those.

A good budget to have for a new set of pickups is about £140/$280 (approx.)
If the ones you have now sound good to you then keep them. The pickups you choose should be based on what genre (or in some cases, versatility) you need it for. So don't go get Gibsons just cuz some guy says so, there may be tons of other brands that make pickups that are better suited for your ears.

I personally never liked Gibson pickups, but that's me.

The prices may vary from brand to brand and whether or not they're hand wired, but anywhere from $50-60 to 200. I have no idea on Gibsons, like I said I never felt like buying one.
Sg's have Gibson 490R [neck] and 498T [bridge] pickups

you can get them at most major guitar shops

they're $110 US each, and the pickups are nothing special, may as well get Seymour Duncans or DiMarzios
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
It's not going to be worth changing pickups, they won't turn it into a Gibson...concentrate on your amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Aziraphale
If the ones you have now sound good to you then keep them. The pickups you choose should be based on what genre (or in some cases, versatility) you need it for. So don't go get Gibsons just cuz some guy says so, there may be tons of other brands that make pickups that are better suited for your ears.

I personally never liked Gibson pickups, but that's me.

The prices may vary from brand to brand and whether or not they're hand wired, but anywhere from $50-60 to 200. I have no idea on Gibsons, like I said I never felt like buying one.

thanx man that helps
I just saw one of the numerous (and somewhat un-necessary) pictures of your guitar that you posted...it has single coil pickups, an SG has humbuckers so even if you wanted you couldn't swap the pickups, they wouldn't fit.

My advice - it looks like one of the mass-produced Japanese guitars, they're not exactly rare or particularly collectable but they are interesting, fun and quirky. Any resale value it may have would be lost if you were to change the pickups so keep it as it is.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com