Page 1 of 7
I saw on BBC News last night that there changing the coins in Britain, ok so thats not that bad but what pissed me off was that there getting rid of the Brittania!! The woman on the back of the 50p coin with the helmet on and a spear shes Brittania the sign of Britain! and now there just getting rid of her. I heard that shes been on the back of British the coins for over 250 years and then just to get her removed like that i think is disgusting! Shes one of the only things left that shows a good meaning of Britain and shes just getting thrown away like everything else British.

So British members of UG, have your say, do you think Everything British is slowly being taken away? Have a nice day.
Quote by punkextremest
Steve owns it again lol

Quote by Steve The Plank
I always own it, you know that.

Good old Steve =D
Hopefully they will get rid of Marshall amps too!
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

yes, everything british is being taken away, not really a bad thing..modern day britain=abusive, racist, and makes fun of the countries that we rely on for our day to day survival, it's funny coz..next war, we're screwed (lol)
Quote by punkextremest
Shes one of the only things left that shows a good meaning of Britain

Good? A symbol of an oppressive empire doesn't convey a good meaning.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
We will not surrender to the E.U...

Exterminate!!!!

Nah, it's not that bigger deal. As long as we keep good ol' sterling pounds
Britain has been formed over millenia by a series of invading cultures, making Britain unique. I really don't think this is that important. They got rid of a symbol from a coin, oh noes.
Quote by Vanquish

typical yank!! lol!!

Im beggining to lose faith after the recent sale of land rover to the indian frim TATA.

We get rid of everything!!

There are 806 million Britannias in circulation at the moment. They will remain in circulation. They will see all of us out, until they die a natural death. So whatever happens, Britannia stays around, " he said.

They're not going to be destroyed or removed from circulation.

TS, please tell me what other British things are being taken away too?
Quote by pbiggie
fish and chips!!

God bless thats still around!
Quote by punkextremest
Steve owns it again lol

Quote by Steve The Plank
I always own it, you know that.

Good old Steve =D
Big fucking deal. So they changed the coins. You're still British, aren't you? You still live in this country, pay taxes to this country (or will do), have rights in this country. You have free education and healthcare and a fairer government system than a lot of places. And you're bitching because it's not British enough. I have news for you - the Empire is gone and Victoria dead. Welcome growth and the fact Britain has finally got her head out of her arse with these illusions of 'British being best'.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
In all fairness, having Britannia on British currency is EXTREMELY unfair to immigrants. I hope they replace it with Vishnu or Ganesh instead.

Fish and chips aren't the "national food" any more, it's been replaced by curry.
as long as fish n chips remain, britain = epic win
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
In all fairness, having Britannia on British currency is EXTREMELY unfair to immigrants. I hope they replace it with Vishnu or Ganesh instead.

Fish and chips aren't the "national food" any more, it's been replaced by curry.

haha lol!!
You do realize that the design that is replacing Brittania is based on the Royal Coat of Arms?
Doesn't get much more British than that.
"It's too late. I've already paid a month's rent on the battlefield."
I live in Wales, everywhere you go you always see something to remind of Wales and the fact where Welsh, i reckon that's what give us are pride for are country (Y).
Quote by Unstable_Mind
You do realize that the design that is replacing Brittania is based on the Royal Coat of Arms?
Doesn't get much more British than that.

Yeah, except that 1/2 of the Royal Coat of Arms is french...

EDIT: No, forget that, they've done away with the Fleur De Lys segments.
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Apr 3, 2008,
I blame immigrants for losing our sense of Britishness, I appreciate the work and revenue they provide but if you're going to live in this country you abide by our rules. E.g:

Oldham City Council has had an Owl as their logo for years, and the Muslims want it changed because they don't believe in having an animal as an idol or something like that.

And, what happened to good old fashioned British chivalry and manners?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
^ Yeah, damn dual language signs everywhere you go are a huge reminder.

I'm somewhat disappointed that no-one's mentioned tea yet.
Jaguar and Land Rover are Indian now too
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Yeah, except that 1/2 of the Royal Coat of Arms is french...

So am I. Problem? Let's not forget the proportion of British monarchs who were foreign.
Quote by John W
Good? A symbol of an oppressive empire doesn't convey a good meaning.

We happened to unite a good portion of the world, too.
oh my bloody god

this is old news for starters

secondly;

the new coins will have the British coat of arms, why is it so hard to understand!

thirdly;

'British' was a word invented so that aristocracy born in India, Burma etc didn't have to lower themselves to being called Indian or whatever

i mean how can you complain the British are a race of mongrels anyway, there are no original Britons, you're either Latin, Saxon,Norman, Celtic,Gaelic, any number of things

i hate 'nationalism', it's pathetic
Quote by JackalUK
It's not the going forward towards change that bothers us, it's the fact that it's all being done to appease the growing influx of immigrants. I'm not a racist by any stretch but you came to our country for a reason that yours wasn't good enough for you, and then you try to convert ours to yours again? WTF? PISS OFF!

When you become a citizen of a country, surely you have a right to an opinion on it?
Quote by BenFoffenbock
Jaguar and Land Rover are Indian now too

I don't think we have any major car companies anymore, Rolls Royce, the epitomy of Britain, are German cars now

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by JackalUK
it's the fact that it's all being done to appease the growing influx of immigrants. I'm not a racist by any stretch but you came to our country for a reason that yours wasn't good enough for you, and then you try to convert ours to yours again?

Can I remind you that this country has been made up of Angles, Saxons, Romans, Normans, Vikings, and many others?

Britain is made of immigrants. Always has been. Now take your head out of your oh-so-British arse.

This is like the fight of the Spinal Tap members
Quote by Vanquish

no, only MGs and AVTs.

What about laney? they are still made in the UK afaik.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by JackalUK
It's not the going forward towards change that bothers us, it's the fact that it's all being done to appease the growing influx of immigrants. I'm not a racist by any stretch but you came to our country for a reason that yours wasn't good enough for you, and then you try to convert ours to yours again? WTF? PISS OFF!

WHAT?

When have you EVER heard an immigrant complain about something on our currency?

It's a cosmetic change to a coin for Christ's sake, quit blaming EVERYTHING on ****ing immigration.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by JackalUK

can i pointout the first King of England was in fact French?

as well as the patron saint being Palestinian

as well as the two greatest Generals in British history being Irish?

immigrants countries are generally nt good enough for them because WE ****ed them up

I don't think we have any major car companies anymore, Rolls Royce, the epitomy of Britain, are German cars now

also anoys me how the middle class wankers forget how many of these cars are still made in Britain

the fact that most of hte engineers for Renualt and many other european car makers are English

aswell as the fact that most cars are made in Britain still;

Hondas factory in Swindon is just one example
Last edited by imthehitcher at Apr 3, 2008,
Quote by webbtje
So am I. Problem? Let's not forget the proportion of British monarchs who were foreign.

The problem being the other guy's statement saying that the old coat of arms is just as British when it isn't. I don't really think that the seal of a monarch has much on ancient folklore.

But you're quite right, the British monarchs were Germanic, Nordic, and much later, French.

Personally, I'd like to see Stonehenge on the back of my coins.
Quote by JackalUK
I know that I'm on about other things. In my city they won't put up Christmas trees anymore or put on public nativety plays in case it offends non christians. Was this a public sector vote, no it was a series of complaints.

No it was NOT a series of complaints it was Islamophobic moronic white people in positions of power in the council who ASSUMED it would offend non Christians. Any of these changes, most of which are made up and purely urban myths, are all because of idiot white people who try to be politically correct and not offend any religion or race. There have been NO complaints of this nature from muslims or anyone.

Quit reading the Daily freakin' mail.
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>

So British members of UG, have your say, do you think Everything British is slowly being taken away? Have a nice day.

and don't worry

our glorious leader GB will bring back British identity, just like Hitler brought back the German's ;

pledge allegiance,

produce ID that you are British on every street corner;

wave the flag every day;

praise da Fuhrer

yes, it's fair to say GB is a great british hero

No it was NOT a series of complaints it was Islamophobic moronic white people in positions of power in the council who ASSUMED it would offend non Christians. Any of these changes, most of which are made up and purely urban myths, are all because of idiot white people who try to be politically correct and not offend any religion or race. There have been NO complaints of this nature from muslims or anyone.

Quit reading the Daily freakin' mail.

it's good to know there is some sanity left in this pathetically white middle class country
Quote by webbtje
This is like the fight of the Spinal Tap members

You've got it wrong.

The PORTUGESE came over and strangled the Dutch.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
They can get rid of Britania, they can sell off Land Rover, but chicken vindaloo will remain our national dish.

Though it was chicken tikka...
Quote by imthehitcher
also anoys me how the middle class wankers forget how many of these cars are still made in Britain

the fact that most of hte engineers for Renualt and many other european car makers are English

aswell as the fact that most cars are made in Britain still;

Hondas factory in Swindon is just one example

Well this middle-class wanker had no idea about where the factories are, but they're still owned by foreign companies are they not? Industrialism was a very British thing, and for what was a huge industry in Britain to be owned by foreign companies, do you not think that that's a blow to our British identity?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Well this middle-class wanker had no idea about where the factories are, but they're still owned by foreign companies are they not? Industrialism was a very British thing, and for what was a huge industry in Britain to be owned by foreign companies, do you not think that that's a blow to our British identity?

You obviously have no clue about the financial world if you think Britain was better off keeping those industries purely British. Those companies don't belong to you, they don't belong to the Queen and they certainly don't belong to the government. They belong to the shareholders and it is THEIR decision what to do with them, regardless of how un-British you think that is.
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>