Bands like Emmure, veil of maya etc. does those dive bombs in the middle of the riffs. So im thinking if they use Whammy pedal or something else? if anyone knows the real deal let me know.

thanks
-jose-
whammy pedals can do it, but a floyd rose might help as well.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
Probably floyd rose, but could be Whammy too.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Liger02
I thought dive bombs are bombs used by submarines

Well yeah, but the bands usually accompany the bombing of their audience with a special sound, I think he's after that sound (dive bombs are dive bombs, no need for any guitar gear on those).
Quote by Lunchbox362
Fortunately you can get away with using a Whammy. The newer ones actually have a setting specifically for this. It won't sound quite as good as doing a well executed dive bomb the old fashioned way, but it will give you a lot more options when selecting guitars.

Personally I'd rather have a fixed bridge and a Whammy than a trem of any sort.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
I never liked the whammy dive function on the Whammy pedals, the pitch bend sounds so synthesized and fake to me, it loses all that growl you get with a real tremolo. I've owned one for a few years, and the only thing I really used was the harmonizer. The whammy pedal isn't a substitute for a real tremolo IMO.

Quote by Liger02
I thought dive bombs are bombs used by submarines

torpedos? Divebombs were used by aircraft in wwII to bomb warships, it's a maneuver. Fly to an altitude above AA fire, get directly over the target, dive straight down releasing the bomb payload during the dive so it follows the straight trajectory.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Apr 3, 2008,
Quote by Erock503

torpedos? Divebombs were used by aircraft in wwII to bomb warships, it's a maneuver. Fly to an altitude above AA fire, get directly over the target, dive straight down releasing the bomb payload during the dive so it follows the straight trajectory.

I think he might be thinking of depth charges (or yes torpedos). I just went with the joke
Quote by Lunchbox362
you dont need a floyd to divebomb do you? surely you can dive bomb with any sort of trem? as a normal trem such as on a strat can lower pitch? just hit a harmonic dive down to slack and then kinda bash the strings for the explosion