Last night I played a gig using a DSL50 combo, that sounded so sweet when hooked up to a small PA, it really blew my ENGL Screamer 50 away to the point where I'm looking at buying a Marshall DSL50 Half Stack, can anyone testify whether the DSL50 stack with a regular Marshall 1960a 4x12 cab would hold up without being miked in say... a school hall?

We've been offered a few gigs in similar sized venues, but turned them down as they haven't enough mic inputs to hook my ENGL to the PA. To be honest the ENGL really doesn't hold up. Anyone got experience with these amps / advice?

Also, Yeah I'd be looking to sell the ENGL if anyones interested. Say a buy it now of £650? Comes with Z-5 switchboard, the two fetch a combined RRP of £850, only had it 9 months.
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
holy **** it blew your screamer away?? i was thinkin of buying a screamer (not that ive got the money) what genre music were you playing?
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
I generally play anything from Sum 41 to Lamb of God, but my band is more the Sum 41 kinda style.

Personally I'm seeking Iron Maiden-esque tones. More Adrians Bridge tone thane Daves Bassy kinda tone.
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
fair enough i spose the engl's geared more to the heavy stuff?
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
It should do well in school halls seeing as I've used my DSL401 unmiked in my school hall, and thats 10watts less
Dave Baksh plays a Marshall DSL50 head. I play a TSL60 (basically the same thing but with more knobs) and through a 2x12 Marshall 1936 cab, that thing is LOUD.

Subtract 10 watts, add 2 speakers... should be about the same right? I never have the volume all the way up anyway.
Main setup:

ESP Eclipse
PRS Torero SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster head, 2x12 cab
FX: Crybaby Slash Wah, Ibanez TS9x, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, Boss TU-2, BF-3, DD-3, PS-6, RC-3, etc.
Why would you want to mic a 50w halfstack? Unless your school hall is absolutely massive, that thing should be able to get loud enough, on its own, to ruin the ears of everyone in an average size gym. Just crank it, it will sound better too.
Check out a Laney GH50L, supposed to sound better, same quality and about a third cheaper.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by cutslikedrugsx
Why would you want to mic a 50w halfstack? Unless your school hall is absolutely massive, that thing should be able to get loud enough, on its own, to ruin the ears of everyone in an average size gym. Just crank it, it will sound better too.

so that the sound is more evenly distributed around the hall?
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live